Pages

Books Download Free The Hunting of the Snark

Point Books As The Hunting of the Snark

Original Title: The Hunting of the Snark: An Agony in Eight Fits
ISBN: 1402186231 (ISBN13: 9781402186233)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Snark
Books Download Free The Hunting of the Snark
The Hunting of the Snark Paperback | Pages: 27 pages
Rating: 4.06 | 5279 Users | 387 Reviews

Description Concering Books The Hunting of the Snark

They sought it with thimbles, they sought it with care;
They pursued it with forks and hope;
They threatened its life with a railway-share;
They charmed it with smiles and soap.


Lewis Carroll's magnificent nonsense poem The Hunting of the Snark features an unlikely cast of characters drawn from the Jabberwocky in Through the Looking Glass. This irresistible version is illustrated, and has an introduction by, Chris Riddell.

This is a luxury edition with both black and white and colour artwork, ribbon marker and metallic blue sprayed edges.

It was first published by Macmillan in 1876.

Define Regarding Books The Hunting of the Snark

Title:The Hunting of the Snark
Author:Lewis Carroll
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 27 pages
Published: by Adamant Media Corporation (first published April 16th 1876)
Categories:Poetry. Classics. Fantasy. Fiction. Childrens. Humor

Rating Regarding Books The Hunting of the Snark
Ratings: 4.06 From 5279 Users | 387 Reviews

Critique Regarding Books The Hunting of the Snark
Any time I pick up something by Lewis Carroll, I expect to read something fun, quirky, and full of nonsense. The Hunting of Snark definitely fits in with my expectations. The illustrations by Chris Riddell add an extra layer of fun to this classic poem. My kids and I had so much fun reading it. Fans of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass will love The Hunting of the Snark.

Absolute nonsense, which is to be expected with Carroll. I love how his writing brings me back to being a kid again. Obviously loved it!

This is the epitome of nonsense verse and the measure by which I compare all others. The verse is beautifully and nimbly handled without sacrificing the humor or the nonsense. My version has Martin Gardner's annotations which are helpful, but not necessary. Nonsense isn't supposed to make sense!I highly recommend this book for adults, children, and pets. It is one of my favorite books that I've re-read several dozen times. (Added note: Boris Karloff has an excellent reading of this that is

I read this because of multiple chapter epigraphs from the poem in The Gray House, by Mariam Petrosyan. Glad I did, I wouldn't have otherwise, I don't think. It's cute, funny, silly, the source of nonsense words we still use today, and quick!

Well, I gave TV a chance today. However, I found Titanic, Terminator 3, reality shows and other stuff, so, those aren't real options for me. I have no sitcoms to watch right now. Although, I'm kind of tired of watching the same sitcoms/tv series all the time. There's nothing new now. Once Upon a Time is on, so that's a good background sound. What to do on a Saturday afternoon? Yes. Let's find something out of the ordinary to read. And what did I find? A brilliant, typical Carroll nonsense poem.

Not as snarky as I expected. ;)The poem is great fun. So are the illustrations. The annotations help and are only occasionally excessive.But the Judge said he never had summed up before;So the Snark undertook it instead,And summed it so well that it came to far moreThan the Witnesses ever had said!To be clear: I read "The Annotated Snark" by Martin Gardner, 1962 edition. Goodreads lumps this into the same "book" as "The Hunting of the Snark".

This was fun to listen to. Whimsical & used for many references today, it's worth the 30 minutes. I didn't listen to this edition, but this one is free. Mine was too since it was from the library. Narrated by Pierre Moreau. I see there is one narrated by Boris Karloff. I'm going to look around & see what others I can find. Definitely recommended!The Wikipedia entry is worth reading, too.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hun...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.