Hickory Dickory Dock (Hercule Poirot #32) 
Always a pleasure, Miss Christie. And now that I am living in a dorm in the UK, this story was even more fun!
Another great mystery by the Queen of Crime! :) Loved listening to this on audiobook, even though the narrator kind of sounded like he had a cold...

I'm quite disappointed and that's my fault for expecting too much. Also, this is my first Agatha Christie so you must forgive me for having high expectations. To be fair, this book is not bad. It's just mediocre. Everything about it is mediocre. The crime is so mediocre, I had it all figured out in chapter 5. And again to be fair, maybe when this is first published, that time, a crime in a hostel or a student dormitory/boarding house might've been still a fresh concept. But now, it's just
A wonderful story - I give this 4 out of 5 on an Agatha Christie scale as it's not one of her absolute finest, but is still better than 99% of all the other mysteries out there. The story starts with Miss Lemon making 3 mistakes in a letter for Hercule Poirot and develops from there, a lesson for all of us in how many ways there are to begin a story. The plot is good, the characters believable, and the setting is well described. I got the impression Poirot is not in this book as much as some of
First off I do understand the criticism aimed at this book. There are too many characters for such a short book and as such hardly any of them are fleshed out. Also Poirot plays a relatively minor role and a lot of the interrogations are actually carried out by his inspector friend (although it is Poirot who finally pieces everything together). SPOILER ALERT!!!!!What made this book stand out for me though was the final revelation of the villain. I find that so many detective stories try to shock
hmm... to start lets say that the plot was very good for an ingenious crime or a great ending. But the amount of characters were very much and to give justice to each was not possible(i guess). Although the characterization was a bit up and down, the plot as i say was very interesting. The title doesnt relate to the story,she could have kept a more relating title (not possible anyway now!).Anyways its an enjoyable read, and the main culprit was so cruel as he killed the person who loved him and
Agatha Christie
Audio CD | Pages: 196 pages Rating: 3.74 | 19298 Users | 900 Reviews

Define Books In Favor Of Hickory Dickory Dock (Hercule Poirot #32)
| Original Title: | Hickory Dickory Dock |
| ISBN: | 1572705647 (ISBN13: 9781572705647) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Hercule Poirot #32 |
| Characters: | Hercule Poirot |
| Setting: | London, England(United Kingdom) |
Interpretation In Pursuance Of Books Hickory Dickory Dock (Hercule Poirot #32)
An outbreak of kleptomania at a student hostel was not normally the sort of crime that aroused Hercule Poirot's interest. But then he saw the list of stolen and vandalized items: a stethoscope, some old flannel trousers, a box of chocolates, a slashed rucksack, and a diamond ring found in a bowl of soup. He congratulated the warden, Mrs. Hubbard, on a "unique and beautiful problem."The list made absolutely no sense at all. But, reasoned Poirot, if this was merely a petty thief at work, why was everyone at the hostel so frightened?Describe About Books Hickory Dickory Dock (Hercule Poirot #32)
| Title | : | Hickory Dickory Dock (Hercule Poirot #32) |
| Author | : | Agatha Christie |
| Book Format | : | Audio CD |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 196 pages |
| Published | : | December 7th 2006 by AudioGO (first published 1955) |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Crime. Fiction. Classics. Detective |
Rating About Books Hickory Dickory Dock (Hercule Poirot #32)
Ratings: 3.74 From 19298 Users | 900 ReviewsWrite-Up About Books Hickory Dickory Dock (Hercule Poirot #32)
Here we are, my twelfth and last Agatha Christie of the year. Weve been on such a journey, she and I, its been wonderful.I adored Hickory Dickory Dock so much: the setting, in a student hostel, was so interesting and I was so hooked. I had to know the truth, because it was layers upon layers upon layers, thats the type of mystery novels I love. It was also more diverse than all of these novels of hers that Ive read, I was quite happy about that. Moreover, Im glad all the racist remarks herAlways a pleasure, Miss Christie. And now that I am living in a dorm in the UK, this story was even more fun!
Another great mystery by the Queen of Crime! :) Loved listening to this on audiobook, even though the narrator kind of sounded like he had a cold...

I'm quite disappointed and that's my fault for expecting too much. Also, this is my first Agatha Christie so you must forgive me for having high expectations. To be fair, this book is not bad. It's just mediocre. Everything about it is mediocre. The crime is so mediocre, I had it all figured out in chapter 5. And again to be fair, maybe when this is first published, that time, a crime in a hostel or a student dormitory/boarding house might've been still a fresh concept. But now, it's just
A wonderful story - I give this 4 out of 5 on an Agatha Christie scale as it's not one of her absolute finest, but is still better than 99% of all the other mysteries out there. The story starts with Miss Lemon making 3 mistakes in a letter for Hercule Poirot and develops from there, a lesson for all of us in how many ways there are to begin a story. The plot is good, the characters believable, and the setting is well described. I got the impression Poirot is not in this book as much as some of
First off I do understand the criticism aimed at this book. There are too many characters for such a short book and as such hardly any of them are fleshed out. Also Poirot plays a relatively minor role and a lot of the interrogations are actually carried out by his inspector friend (although it is Poirot who finally pieces everything together). SPOILER ALERT!!!!!What made this book stand out for me though was the final revelation of the villain. I find that so many detective stories try to shock
hmm... to start lets say that the plot was very good for an ingenious crime or a great ending. But the amount of characters were very much and to give justice to each was not possible(i guess). Although the characterization was a bit up and down, the plot as i say was very interesting. The title doesnt relate to the story,she could have kept a more relating title (not possible anyway now!).Anyways its an enjoyable read, and the main culprit was so cruel as he killed the person who loved him and


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.