Pages

Books Download Online The Trinity Free

Itemize Based On Books The Trinity

Title:The Trinity
Author:Augustine of Hippo
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 472 pages
Published:February 1st 2003 by New City Press (first published 416)
Categories:Religion. Theology. Philosophy. Christianity. Christian. Nonfiction
Books Download Online The Trinity  Free
The Trinity Paperback | Pages: 472 pages
Rating: 4.33 | 869 Users | 54 Reviews

Ilustration Toward Books The Trinity

Upon reading the first 8 books of Augustin’s ‘On The Trinity’ it’s hard to know what I have learned. In many ways I may ask ‘have I been left with more questions then answers? At times reading this work was frustrating and I found myself saying out loud “What on earth are you talking about you mad man?”. I suffered many times from major reading fatigue because it’s one thing to read these words, but another thing to comprehend Augustin’s intent and the context in which he writes.

On the upside, reading this work was like tirelessly raking leaves only to find gold hidden just below the surface. At times I found myself ‘raking’ glazed eyed whilst letting my mind wander, only to look down and see the end of my rake caught on a hefty gold nugget.

I was struck and refreshed by Augustin’s confidence in the word of God. His humility and desperation to find truth from scripture was strewn throughout. Likewise his personal humility and weakness was evident as he sort to “put into words that which cannot be put into words” and “to comprehend that which cannot be comprehended”.

Many times I was struck by the depth and glory of God and how he can be understood. This then was closely followed by the end of my own comprehension where I was left in awe at the majesty and immensity of our creator and saviour! He is both (somehow) fully comprehendible yet profoundly incomprehensible.

It's incredible how much we still hold to 1700 years later that is hidden in this (and in many other works by Augustin). I thank God for the truths contained in these writings.

The main helpful take home points for me were:

1) The trinity is a society within an essence – three persons in one.
2) This is not only the doctrine of the trinity but by His very nature this is a doctrine of divine eternity.
3) Jesus is light of light. He is the ‘brightness’ of the light of the Father.

Point Books Conducive To The Trinity

Original Title: De Trinitate
ISBN: 0911782966 (ISBN13: 9780911782967) URL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hippo

Rating Based On Books The Trinity
Ratings: 4.33 From 869 Users | 54 Reviews

Judge Based On Books The Trinity
I had read Augustine's City Of God a few years ago and I was impressed with it, although I didn't agree with all of Augustine's points. When I do agree, it is a rather strong agreement. The Trinity (aka De Trinitate) was similar in that when I do agree with Augustine, it is a strong agreement; where I disagreed, it was more a matter of not going with the extremes of his position. For instance, while Augustine is trying to give honor to all three members of the Trinity, his trinitarian theology

One of the most brilliant minds of the Christian tradition (and beyond!), St. Augustine plunges into the most captivating, yet also the most incomprehensible pillar of the Christian faith--the Triunity of God. Arguably Augustine's most taxing and enigmatical work, The Trinity is a rite of passage for all students and learners of Trinitarian theology (and beyond!). Inflexible in his meticulous bend, Augustine exacts demanding intellectual and spiritual prowess to delve deep into the most wondrous

Fascinating how Augustine considers all the previous ways of theorizing the Trinity and then develops an interpretation that harmonizes and includes a little of all of them. The introduction is just as valuable, because it gives a historical development of the doctrine, beginning with the ways the Hebrews thought of God in the Hebrew Bible, and how this becomes Father, Son, Holy Ghost in the NT. A bit technical and repetitive, as Augustine often is, but his interpretation basically created

A beautiful classic; I wish I could go back in time and listen to Augustine speak. So grateful we have his writing. Four stars are mainly for the translation, which, although it is clear and easy to read, it includes anachronisms such as "secular scientist," "embryonic formation," and "psychoanalytic," that leave me wondering what Augustine really wrote in the Latin. I won't comment about my thoughts on the Trinitarian theology because I think this is a must-read for anyone grappling with

I started reading this book a couple years ago, but ended up putting down after a while. Surprisingly, it's the first Augustine book that didn't really grab my attention. Maybe I was just in the wrong mood. I'll have to pick it up again later sometime.

Such a beautiful book! Augustine explores an explanation of the Trinity by looking at man as the image of God, a rational mind that contemplates God, by the memory, understanding, and love or will. Though Augustine acknowledges limits of knowledge in this area of inquiry he outlines a beautiful description of the Trinity as the Father, one who loves, the Son, one who is loved, and Holy Spirit, love. I highly recommend this book.

Holy shit. I mean, HOLY SHIT. Jesus. You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.