Pages

Books Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1) Online Free Download

Present Out Of Books Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1)

Title:Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1)
Author:Karen Miller
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 717 pages
Published:April 1st 2008 by Orbit (first published June 1st 2007)
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Epic Fantasy. High Fantasy
Books Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1) Online Free Download
Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1) Paperback | Pages: 717 pages
Rating: 3.48 | 5563 Users | 526 Reviews

Narrative Supposing Books Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1)

Her name is Hekat--
And she will be slave to no man.

In a family torn apart by poverty and violence, Hekat is no more than an unwanted mouth to feed, worth only a few coins from a passing slave trader.

But Hekat was not born to be a slave. For her, a different path has been chosen. It is a path that will take her from stinking back alleys to the house of her god, from blood-drenched battlefields to the glittering palaces of Mijak.

This is the story of Hekat, slave to no man.

With her first series--Kingmaker, Kingbreaker--Karen Miller took the fantasy world by storm. Now, with Empress, she has created one of the most remarkable characters and unforgettable stories in recent years. This is an adventure not to be missed.



Specify Books Conducive To Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1)

Original Title: Empress
ISBN: 0316008354 (ISBN13: 9780316008358)
Edition Language: English
Series: Godspeaker Trilogy #1
Characters: Hekat
Setting: Mijak
Literary Awards: James Tiptree Jr. Award Honor List (2007)


Rating Out Of Books Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1)
Ratings: 3.48 From 5563 Users | 526 Reviews

Rate Out Of Books Empress (Godspeaker Trilogy #1)
Why I read this book?Empress by Karen Miller was recommended by a coworker who knew I enjoyed fantasy novels.My one sentence summary:A woman believes herself to be the instrument of god whether she is or not.Kuddos:From page one, Hekat's narrative voice was captivating. Her limited, yet all knowing perspective, is fascinating and pulls the reader into the story. She is not a good person, and whether she is acting on god's will or her own remains unclear. However, I kept reading to see what she

I picked up this trilogy in Hastings for my birthday this year. I had seen it a couple times on the shelves before and my mother has always gave me this rule: If you see a book--or a series--on a shelf and you are unsure of it then leave it be. If you come back the next two or three times and the book is still there then you're meant to pick it up. So, I finally picked it up. My friend advised me to only get the first book, just in case I didn't like it I wouldn't have wasted money on the other

Update: I've been rereading with a writer's eye lately. This book is probably not for everyone, but it is brilliant. We are so accustomed to identifying with the protagonist. We want to root for the hero. Hekat is no hero, which spoils the enjoyment of this book somewhat. But this story deserves to be told, and Miller's writing pulls you in. If you can find a way to be as brave a reader as Miller is a writer, you won't be disappointed. On to book two. ~~Karen Miller's writing doesn't disappoint.

With the first book in her new trilogy,Karen Miller makes it very clear that she has more than one rabbit in her hat when it comes to weaving a story.Leaving behind the more traditional fantasy world of her Kingmaker, Kingbreaker duology, Miller embarks on a savage journey through the land of Mijak; and a civilisation that is ancient, dark and ruled by the iron hand of a bloodthirsty God, its Warlords and its ordained Godspeakers. It is a harsh and brutal world where survival of the fittest and

This is now my favorite book. I strongly urge anyone who hasn't read this to read it, and to read it with this in mind- you're not SUPPOSED to like Hekat. I grew tired of seeing reviews with people rating it only one star because "she's too mean" or "there's just something about her that makes me hate her." Hekat is set up in the first book to show you the background of the villain; to give you a look into how she got the way she did later on. If this book wasn't here, the next two would make

Despite the single star I gave it, I'm tempted to recommend this to serious fans of the fantasy genre, as a case study. While I found it belaboured, it has some genuinely good ideas.The main character, Hekat, is fascinating (for all of several minutes). After a childhood of neglect and abuse, she enters adulthood with a pathological commitment to the acquisition of power. This, combined with boundless arrogance and cruelty, makes her completely inhuman, an archetype. The sympathy her childhood

I applaud Karen Miller for taking a risk in creating the character of Hekat. In theory, it's the kind of book I've been craving. However...I really wanted to love Empress, but by the time I was 2/3 into it, I hated who the protagonist had become. I simply cannot enjoy a book unless I can identify with the main character at some level. I got within 50 pages of the book's end, and couldn't quite finish it.Also, it was unclear to me whether Miller's imagined world actually contained magic, or the

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.