Pages

Books I Was a Rat! Download Free

Point Out Of Books I Was a Rat!

Title:I Was a Rat!
Author:Philip Pullman
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 176 pages
Published:February 12th 2002 by Yearling (first published 1999)
Categories:Fantasy. Childrens. Fiction. Middle Grade. Fairy Tales. Young Adult. Humor
Books I Was a Rat!  Download Free
I Was a Rat! Paperback | Pages: 176 pages
Rating: 3.56 | 2345 Users | 235 Reviews

Description Concering Books I Was a Rat!

“I Was a Rat!” So insists a scruffy boy named Roger. Maybe it’s true. But what is he now? A terrifying monster running wild in the sewers? The Daily Scourge is sure of it. A victim of “Rodent Delusion”? The hospital nurse says yes. A lucrative fairground freak? He is to Mr. Tapscrew. A champion wriggler and a budding thief? That’s what Billy thinks. Or just an ordinary small boy, though a little ratty in his habits? Only three people believe this version of the story. And it may take a royal intervention—and a bit of magic—to convince the rest of the world.

Set against the backdrop of a Royal Wedding—and a playful parody of the press, I Was a Rat! is a magical weaving of humor, fairy tale, and adventure.

Itemize Books As I Was a Rat!

Original Title: I Was a Rat! or The Scarlet Slippers
ISBN: 0440416612 (ISBN13: 9780440416616)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Joan, Bob (I Was a Rat!), Roger


Rating Out Of Books I Was a Rat!
Ratings: 3.56 From 2345 Users | 235 Reviews

Write-Up Out Of Books I Was a Rat!
This is such a great read, and a great read-aloud. Pullman is such a skilled storyteller just the right combination of dark and light, heart-aches and comfort, advanture and mystery, and of course, a final, satisfying solution. The language just flows and it made me wonder how some people GET the cadence of language and put it down on paper so effortlessly (seemingly, of course) to create their own unique brand of tones, and yet others simply cannot make words and sentences do their bidding.

This is such a great read, and a great read-aloud. Pullman is such a skilled storyteller just the right combination of dark and light, heart-aches and comfort, advanture and mystery, and of course, a final, satisfying solution. The language just flows and it made me wonder how some people GET the cadence of language and put it down on paper so effortlessly (seemingly, of course) to create their own unique brand of tones, and yet others simply cannot make words and sentences do their bidding.

This is my 2nd Book Review: I Was a RatBy: Philip PullmanThis is an intelligently written story by Philip Pullman, about a young boy who was once a 'Rat' and part of the fairy-tale of Cinderella's big night out at the ball. He was magically changed into a boy the night of the ball and was suppose to escort Cinderella to the ball and wait by the pumpkin/carriage and pull down the step for Cinderella before midnight struck. However the boy got up to mischief with The Palace page boys, playing

During my SBT 2 placement, this book was used with one of the writing groups, these children's ability was middle ability who could be moved up to higher ability with support. This book is ideal for year 4, 5 and 6 year old children as it is a spin off of the story of Cinderella, the story is told from the point of view of one of the rats that has been turned into a little boy. There is so much work that can be done relating to this book, dairy entries, letters, newspaper articles and wanted

This is such a nice story. The author creates this world that is so easy to understand. However there are a lot of layers to it. Personally I was thinking a few times throughout this book, that this would be a great book for readin out loud to your kids at night.



Good kiddie-lit. Pullman seems very comfortable at this level, and doesn't talk down to his younger readers. Intelligent plot and a character to root for. Something I'll enjoy reading aloud as a bedtime tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.