Pages

Books Online Download Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage Free

Present Books In Pursuance Of Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage

Original Title: Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage
ISBN: 1438238169 (ISBN13: 9781438238166)
Books Online Download Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage  Free
Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage Paperback | Pages: 430 pages
Rating: 3.95 | 3524 Users | 350 Reviews

Identify Out Of Books Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage

Title:Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage
Author:Kay Bratt
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 430 pages
Published:July 3rd 2008 by CreateSpace
Categories:Nonfiction. Cultural. China. Parenting. Adoption. Autobiography. Memoir. Asia

Narrative As Books Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage

When her family relocated to rural China in 2003, Kay Bratt was thrust into a new world, one where boys were considered more valuable than girls and poverty and the one-child policy had created an epidemic of abandoned infants. As a volunteer at a local orphanage, Bratt witnessed conditions that were unfathomable to a middle-class mother of two from South Carolina.

Based on Bratt's diary of her four years at the orphanage, Silent Tears offers a searing account of young lives rendered disposable. In the face of an implacable system, Bratt found ways to work within (and around) the rules to make a better future for the children, whom she came to love. The book offers no easy answers. While often painful in its clear-sightedness, Silent Tears balances the sadness and struggles of life in the orphanage with moments of joy, optimism, faith, and victory. It is the story of hundreds of children and of one woman who never planned on becoming a hero but became one anyway.

Rating Out Of Books Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage
Ratings: 3.95 From 3524 Users | 350 Reviews

Appraise Out Of Books Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage
This was another Kindle Unlimited audio. I've really been enjoying my "free" audios lately. I had listened to about half the book before I read some of the reviews. I probably should not have read the reviews! Up to that point, I was listening with my whole heart to Kay Bratt's experience volunteering in a Chinese orphanage. It was written (and narrated) in a journal-type style, and some some of thoughts were scattered, but for the most part it seemed organized. Much of what Kay witnessed was

After now finishing "Wish You Happy Forever" by Jenny Bowen, I'm changing my 3 star rating of "Silent Tears" to 1 star, mainly due to my disgust with Kay Bratt. If you've read "Silent Tears," please go NOW and read Jenny Bowen's much more inspiring account of how she saw a need within China's orphanages and actually reached across cultures to do something about it, instead of simply whining and blaming the Chinese, to finally give up and go home (as Kay Bratt did).I understand not all of us

2 stars2 stars for the story itself, thought this story would have ended differently (from the description) but can't choose endings for real life 🤷 wasnt a huge fan of the letters at the end tho some of them sure had a "white saviour" kinda feel going on . It was just a really odd read tbh.

This book covers a serious topic that really should be discussed, so its unfortunate that the author and narrator of this book is so damn insufferable that it makes me NOT want to read it. From the start of this book the author makes it very clear that this memoir is really one big self-pat on the back while she strives to reach brilliant new levels on condescension and xenophobia. She even STARTS the book by saying we live in relative comfort, far removed from such horrors and perhaps perhaps

I read and reviewed my own copy of this book for Wicked Reads. This book was quite different from anything I have read before. It was more emotional and enlightening than I was expecting and I'm glad I read it. Kay Bratt moves with her husband and daughter to China and there she is thrust into a completely different world with eye opening experiences that will impact her life forever. She finds herself trying to adjust to a new culture and decides to do some volunteering to help fill her time.

This kindle book was on sale and I was interested in the subject so I bought it despite reading reviews that the author is really annoying. And YES she is really annoying and unaware of her privileged status. (An example is that at one point she mentions a Chinese nanny earns four dollars a day. Later the author goes shopping and buys some fruit and vegetables and feels it is a great deal at less than two dollars. HELLO, do the math. Those purchases are almost equivalent to half a nanny's daily

A few chapters into this and it officially became a Hate Read. Was this author self-published? I personally know AMAZING authors struggling to get published, yet this horrible dreck seemingly passed off as a BOOK oddly got published. What the hell??I was hoping to get a sensitive, thoughtful analysis of the situation in Chinese orphanages. What I got instead was an author so self-absorbed she seemed to have forgotten that she was in CHINA, a Communist country with a population of over a billion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.