Pages

Books Online Free Angelique (Angélique - Version Originale #1) Download

Books Online Free Angelique (Angélique - Version Originale #1) Download
Angelique (Angélique - Version Originale #1) Paperback | Pages: 810 pages
Rating: 4.19 | 2482 Users | 152 Reviews

Point Books Toward Angelique (Angélique - Version Originale #1)

Original Title: Angélique, Marquise des Anges
ISBN: 074513727X (ISBN13: 9780745137278)
Edition Language: English
Series: Angélique - Version Originale #1, Angélique - Original Edition
Characters: Angélique, Joffrey de Peyrac

Rendition During Books Angelique (Angélique - Version Originale #1)

The story begins in 1648 during a time of insurrection, terror and revolt in a divided France. Angélique de Sance de Monteloup, a vibrant twelve-year-old tomboy, is the daughter of a simple nobleman impoverished by taxes and other burdens.

Angélique joins the local peasant children in their games, ranges the ancient forests and swamps of Poitou and when bandits visit destruction and rapine on the humble villagers, our heroine's leadership qualities come to the fore for the first time.

The book also tells of Angélique's first meetings with two crucial characters - King Louis XIV of France and Joffrey. One of the scenes in the book sees Angélique and Joffrey attend the wedding of Louis XIV and his queen, Marie-Therese.

As Angélique and Joffrey tangle with powerful forces, it is a classic and gripping adventure story, but we also learn about the couple's tender and often unpredictable relationship.

The climax of the book is a decision by the French court which has an impact on the whole of the rest of the story - destined to move to the dangerous streets of Paris for the second book...



Itemize Of Books Angelique (Angélique - Version Originale #1)

Title:Angelique (Angélique - Version Originale #1)
Author:Anne Golon
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Large Print
Pages:Pages: 810 pages
Published:1996 by Chivers Press (first published 1956)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Romance. Fiction. Historical Romance. Cultural. France. Adventure

Rating Of Books Angelique (Angélique - Version Originale #1)
Ratings: 4.19 From 2482 Users | 152 Reviews

Piece Of Books Angelique (Angélique - Version Originale #1)
"c1957. One of the very few books that I have read time and time again. Normally when I am going through a lot of stress and strain. The stories transport you back to France in about the mid 1600s into the Court of Versailles. Its a love story, an adventure story and so so readable. I think every woman would want to be Angelique in some way or other and of course Joffrey de Peyrac is just to good to be true but with enough quirks to make him believable. What makes Angelique such a great

The story of Angélique de Sancé de Monteloup starts with the heroine as a captivating little girl growing up in the marshlands of the Poitou, in a tumbledown old castle too big and too dejected due to the Baron de Sancé's impecuniousness, follows with her arranged marriage to the "Great Lame Devil of Languedoc," a much older and very rich Count named Joffrey de Peyrac, an union that will bring her both happy times and have her experience the luxurious life of the court, and will also put her

Loved it! The sex scenes aren't steamy, but it's still wonderful!

my new guilty pleasure reading books that were racy when i was 11-14. they are so tame but fun in a weird sort of way

Do not let the bodice ripper type cover fool you. Of all the novels, I have read in my life, this is the book I always come back to as the book that gave me a love of reading. Love, passion, adventure, mystery, intrigue, villians, heroes, and a headstrong woman ahead of her time who you will fall in love with. This book has everything! The writing style is superb and as you will get lost as you follow the adventures of Angelique from a young girl into motherhood in her quest to find love. A

[With all the confusion over the different translations (into Russian) and the Old Editions vs. New Editions debacle, I'm not sure what I've actually just read, but I suspect the old one bc it was still part of a 13-book series.]OK, so the thing is, this series is, like, Gone with the Wind's pretty French cousin. It suffers from the same problems - racism, gay people are creeps, eyeroll-worthy romance (I like de Peyrac! when he's talking about science and progress, not being a romantic novel

Don't judge a book by its cover. Really. I first read the first three books when I was 8, and I thought this was the most amazing, entertaining, edge-of-your-seat story that I would ever encounter in my life. Since then, I have read many books that have surpassed these with style and quality, but having re-read them recently, I can honestly say that they are still just as wonderful as they were some 20 years ago. The heroine of the book, Angelique, is beautiful, brave, intelligent, witty,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.