Pages

Books Online Free The Learning Tree Download

Books Online Free The Learning Tree  Download
The Learning Tree Hardcover | Pages: 230 pages
Rating: 4.13 | 1416 Users | 65 Reviews

Identify Books Toward The Learning Tree

Original Title: The Learning Tree
ISBN: 081241604X (ISBN13: 9780812416046)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Kansas(United States)

Chronicle In Favor Of Books The Learning Tree

"A fine novel."
THE BOSTON HERALD
Photographer, writer, and composer, Gordon Parks has written a moving, true-to-life novel of growing up as a black man in this country in this century. Hailed by critics and readers alike, THE LEARNING TREE tells the extraordinary journey of a family as they struggle to understand the world around them and leave their mark a world that is better for their having been in it.

Describe Out Of Books The Learning Tree

Title:The Learning Tree
Author:Gordon Parks
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 230 pages
Published:June 1st 1987 by Perfection Learning (first published 1963)
Categories:Fiction. Classics. Historical. Historical Fiction. Cultural. African American. Young Adult. Literature. Banned Books

Rating Out Of Books The Learning Tree
Ratings: 4.13 From 1416 Users | 65 Reviews

Criticize Out Of Books The Learning Tree
In my opinion, a pretty good book. Gets very suspenseful at many points, but doesn't over do it. The story of a young black kid in the 1920's, based on a true story. It truly personifies what happened back in those days.

Lots of time has passed since our Junior High English class, and I've forgotten all about the plot. I was surprised back in those fabulous 1970s how much I enjoyed book we were assigned, like this one; later I learned about Parks; work as a photojournalist for Life magazine. I'd like to reread this together with a book of Parks' photos.Classmates: was it 7th or 8th Grade?Recommended.

A good novel to pair with Harper Lee's, *To Kill A Mockingbird.* Vividly narrated action, this is a realistic, troubling, coming-of-age story filled with believable young characters and a classic cast of adults representing the human moral spectrum. Great storytelling centered around a Black farming family in Kansas. Original cover text: "How it feels to be black in the white man's world...The Learning Tree, A novel from life by Gordon Parks."

This felt so familiar and so tragic. Though Newt's story takes place in the mid 1920s, there are some eery similarities in current racial divides. Still. I didn't realize that Gordon Parks wrote a book until I read about him after seeing his photography exhibit at the High Museum. And Shaft, I remember seeing Shaft when it came on tv for the Saturday night movie special in the mid 70s (which Parks directed). So how does one person become so talented in so many areas?I'm in awe of Gordon Parks'

Lots of time has passed since our Junior High English class, and I've forgotten all about the plot. I was surprised back in those fabulous 1970s how much I enjoyed book we were assigned, like this one; later I learned about Parks; work as a photojournalist for Life magazine. I'd like to reread this together with a book of Parks' photos.Classmates: was it 7th or 8th Grade?Recommended.

Not a bad little novel. For a small town, there sure were a lot of things that happened --especially violent things. But this is a good insight into the way African Americans were treated in the early 20th century. For that reason, it was kind of a sad book. Although this book was just fine, I still prefer Gordon Parks's photography -- it speaks more deeply to me than anything he wrote in this book. If you've never seen his photography, I encourage you to do so.

Had to read this my junior year in high school.. 16 years later it's still one of my favorite books.. It changed my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.