Pages

Download Books Longshot (Marvel Premiere Classic #14) Online

List Books Conducive To Longshot (Marvel Premiere Classic #14)

ISBN: 087135568X (ISBN13: 9780871355683)
Edition Language: English
Series: Marvel Premiere Classic #14, Marvel #7/1990
Download Books Longshot (Marvel Premiere Classic #14) Online
Longshot (Marvel Premiere Classic #14) Paperback | Pages: 176 pages
Rating: 3.44 | 378 Users | 58 Reviews

Chronicle During Books Longshot (Marvel Premiere Classic #14)

This story may appear dated because of the art with the backgrounds, the costume design and the lead has a mullet. The art is unabashedly Eighties, but the issues it commented on, like how energy companies spend millions only to squeeze their customers in their bills, right wing survivalists, and how entertainment media exploits the innocent and unwary and capture the purses of their audience seems timely today. These issues never died, they lie low and come back when it is a slow news day. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Though there is much social commentary in Ann Nocenti’s script, it is chock-full of superhero action. It is not the story that carries this book, but the work of two talented artists who made their debut here. Both Art Adams and Whilce Portacio skill grow here as the character Longshot developed from an amnesiac with superhuman luck to a rebel messiah seeking to free his people. Issue by issue, Adams emerges with his own artistic voice. He has an animated and detailed style that makes this comic stand from its contemporaries. Even Portacio grows in skill enough to give justice to Adam’s line while giving it a signature lushness that will be his signature as he graduates to full pencils. It is said that Portacio was given this assignment in order for him to learn his storytelling chops. That is a good way to learn as Adams’ skill in storytelling is particularly strong and I manage to follow each panel in the right sequence.

Adams’ art is the best reason to buy this book. He is notorious for not having extensive runs on a monthly title since his detail extensive work makes keeping a regular schedule impossible. I only wish this was done with an oversized trim with larger pages so to enjoy the art better.

Present Regarding Books Longshot (Marvel Premiere Classic #14)

Title:Longshot (Marvel Premiere Classic #14)
Author:Ann Nocenti
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 176 pages
Published:September 1st 1989 by Marvel Comics Group (first published 1989)
Categories:Sequential Art. Comics. Graphic Novels. Superheroes. Marvel. X Men. Comic Book

Rating Regarding Books Longshot (Marvel Premiere Classic #14)
Ratings: 3.44 From 378 Users | 58 Reviews

Judgment Regarding Books Longshot (Marvel Premiere Classic #14)
The mulleted one's first story. It sounds like the book is an Arthur Adams creation and they brought in Ann Nocenti to give it some dialogue. Arthur Adams art is strong here. He seems to have had a hand in shaping the upcoming emergence of Silvestri, and I think I can see Liefield pulling from his art. Don't let that last comment dissuade you from him though. It should be noted this is a very 80s looking book. The dialogue is a funny thing here. Claremont trademarked Longshot's awkward alien

Short version: one scoop TRIGUN, one scoop ALICE IN WONDERLAND, one scoop BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA. If that sounds like your bag, by all means dig in.I hadn't read this mini-series when I reached the point when Longshot first popped up in the pages of X-Men and later joined the team full time. I'd seen the character on the animated series, but I was a bit thrown off by his presence in the comics because he seemed like such a cypher. I felt I'd missed the crucial introduction that told me who

This story may appear dated because of the art with the backgrounds, the costume design and the lead has a mullet. The art is unabashedly Eighties, but the issues it commented on, like how energy companies spend millions only to squeeze their customers in their bills, right wing survivalists, and how entertainment media exploits the innocent and unwary and capture the purses of their audience seems timely today. These issues never died, they lie low and come back when it is a slow news day. The

I am unsure how best to judge this. On the one hand, it is a brave attempt at character-creation and within the span of 6 issues, presented an entirely new mythology of characters, worlds, and backstory that have since become part of the X-Men/mutant fabric. On the other, it is a wildly incomprehensible, scatter-gun approach of a story, with little to recommend it. Through 6 issues, readers are introduced to 'Longshot', who is an amnesiac dimension-hopper. Despite not being aware of who he is,

As the other reviews have said, it's odd. And it's unfortunate that it didn't get to last. I like the strangeness of the coloring, the dialogue, the plot, the characters. It's weird but it's nice. I never would have found this x men comic if I hadn't started looking for comics written (not just edited) by females. It is staggering to realize just how few females are hired on to write comics. The loss to the franchises is obvious to me.p.120- Arize-"Yes. I create. I have just the proper

This could have been a really good miniseries, and, as it stands, it's quite solid, but it is hampered by a few things. First, Longshot himself and particularly Mojo are vastly more interesting than they become later in the X-Men universe itself. Longshot's luck powers are more interesting, and have far greater repercussions. Mojo is one of those scary-insane type villains, instead of the humorous putz he will become later. I was particularly disappointed in this, because Mojo here is so

This comic is pretty...comical? I mean I didn't take it too seriously and I hope the author didn't either cause there was nothing fantastical about it and there really wasn't anything too awful about it. The characters were pretty bland. There was a few crossover scenes which I detest, but they weren't too bad. It just really wasn't my cup of tea. The antagonist of the story really felt evil just so he could be evil like there was nothing really there for me. Gog was much more a villian and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.