Specify Books As I Call Myself Earth Girl
| ISBN: | 1782790497 (ISBN13: 9781782790495) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Gloria Geist |
| Setting: | Newport, Rhode Island(United States) |
Jan Krause Greene
Paperback | Pages: 262 pages Rating: 4.23 | 65 Users | 36 Reviews
Interpretation During Books I Call Myself Earth Girl
What if you were about to become a grandmother for the first time and you discovered you were pregnant? What if you believed you conceived this child in a dream? What if you tried to end the pregnancy and failed?Gloria Geist's world is turned completely upside down when she discovers she is pregnant and she knows her husband can not be the baby's father. Her recurring dreams about a young girl who calls herself Earth Girl initiate a quest for understanding that leads her to question the nature of time and the possibility of reincarnation.
As she is exposed to mystic wisdom through the voice in her dreams, she learns, not only about herself, but also the many facets of family love and acceptance. Her journey of self-discovery ultimately connects her to the future in a way she could never have imagined.

Define Based On Books I Call Myself Earth Girl
| Title | : | I Call Myself Earth Girl |
| Author | : | Jan Krause Greene |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 262 pages |
| Published | : | August 16th 2013 by Soul Rocks Books |
| Categories | : | Fantasy |
Rating Based On Books I Call Myself Earth Girl
Ratings: 4.23 From 65 Users | 36 ReviewsWrite Up Based On Books I Call Myself Earth Girl
Gloria, who's 46, becomes mysteriously pregnant at the same time as her grown daughter. Gloria is horrified - especially since her husband Jared is obviously NOT the father. To make matters worse, Gloria is having dreams of Earth Girl, who apparently lives in a different time, which is a very dark, dangerous place. Earth Girl endures a great deal during her short life. Gloria realizes that there is a connection between Earth Girl and her unborn child. Gloria's baby is definitely no ordinaryThose looking for a book they can't put down because they can't wait to find out what happens next should put this book at the top of their must-read list.Author Jan Krause Greene has imagined a story that is impactful, inspiring and spiritual. It's the story about Gloria, a present-day woman in mid-life who inexplicably becomes pregnant then starts having strange dreams about someone who calls herself Earth Girl. In Gloria's dreams, Earth Girl recounts events that seem to occur in the future --
Strange visions, a mysterious pregnancy, a gifted child... I call myself Earth Girl takes us on a journey through time and space, tearing at the fabric of reality, asking philosophical questions, and exploring topics such as war and the treatment of women. It is a story packed full of dramatic moments and imaginative touches, particularly in the dream sequences. Although the concepts are outlandish, the characters seem very real, and their struggles are unfamiliar yet relateable. The narrative

Strange visions, a mysterious pregnancy, a gifted child... I call myself Earth Girl takes us on a journey through time and space, tearing at the fabric of reality, asking philosophical questions, and exploring topics such as war and the treatment of women. It is a story packed full of dramatic moments and imaginative touches, particularly in the dream sequences. Although the concepts are outlandish, the characters seem very real, and their struggles are unfamiliar yet relateable. The narrative
I must say, this is one of the more unique stories I've read all year, and I've read quite a few. I also have to give the author kudos for creating a wonderful story full of plot twists that will keep you turning the pages well past your bedtime and characters that jump off the book and endear themselves into your heart. I love it when I read a book from a new author (well, she's new to me-I won this book in a giveaway, and I'm so happy I did). I will read and look forward to any and all new
I Call Myself Earth Girl hides a deep message within an easy to read story. It's written alternating the story between the "here and now" life of Gloria and the very different life of Earth Girl. Is Earth Girl merely a vivid dream or something more? Well... you'll have to read and decide for yourself! The storyline is clever and has some interesting twists. The main characters are fleshed out nicely and the dialogue is excellent, but I did find some of the descriptive portions a bit rushed. I
What a powerful book this is! It travels between the present day to dreams from another time, all the while keeping the reader mesmerized. The characters are rich and believable, living with daily joys and struggles. On one level it is a work of fiction, on another an environmental plea and warning of the perils Mother Earth may face. The surprising ending will have you hoping for a sequel. Congratulations to Jan Krause Green for a profound first novel. I look forward to her future books.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.