Declare Of Books Wonder Woman By Greg Rucka Vol. 1 (Wonder Woman (1987) #195-205)
| Title | : | Wonder Woman By Greg Rucka Vol. 1 (Wonder Woman (1987) #195-205) |
| Author | : | Greg Rucka |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 392 pages |
| Published | : | July 12th 2016 by DC Comics |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Comics. Graphic Novels. Superheroes. Dc Comics. Wonder Woman. Graphic Novels Comics. Comic Book |
Greg Rucka
Paperback | Pages: 392 pages Rating: 4.07 | 813 Users | 134 Reviews
Ilustration Supposing Books Wonder Woman By Greg Rucka Vol. 1 (Wonder Woman (1987) #195-205)
When an ancient ritual requires Wonder Woman to protect a young woman from anyone who threatens her, it pits the Amazon Warrior against her Justice League ally, Batman!And while an array of enemies, including Silver Swan and the more dangerous than ever Dr. Psycho, attack Wonder Woman on all fronts, it’s the publication of Princess Diana’s book that opens her to an assault by a new and deadly foe – the malevolent Veronica Cale – and places Wonder Woman’s island homeland of Themyscira in grave danger.
Best-selling writer Greg Rucka (DETECTIVE COMICS) teams with artists JG Jones (FINAL CRISIS), Drew Johnson (SUPERGIRL), Shane Davis (SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE) and more for the start of his legendary run on the title as Wonder Woman stands against mortal foes and faces the machinations of the gods themselves!
Collects the highly sought after WONDER WOMAN: THE HIKETEIA and WONDER WOMAN #195-205.

Itemize Books Toward Wonder Woman By Greg Rucka Vol. 1 (Wonder Woman (1987) #195-205)
| ISBN: | 1401263321 (ISBN13: 9781401263324) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Wonder Woman (1987) #195-205 |
Rating Of Books Wonder Woman By Greg Rucka Vol. 1 (Wonder Woman (1987) #195-205)
Ratings: 4.07 From 813 Users | 134 ReviewsAssess Of Books Wonder Woman By Greg Rucka Vol. 1 (Wonder Woman (1987) #195-205)
I really enjoyed this book, Greg Rucka is regarded as one of the best Wonder Woman writers alongside George Perez, and Gail Simone. Since it covers 11 issues I will order my thoughts by individual stories.It starts off with the one shot 'Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia," which pits Diana against Batman. A young woman comes to Diana invoking an ancient oath of servitude and protection, and now Diana must risk all to defend her from her relentless pursuer: Batman. This is a great tragic storyI love how different the art is book to book but that Diana is always Diana. Plus canon bisexual Wonder Woman is VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.
So this only got 3 stars because The Hiketeia was amazing and probably more of a 4 or 4.5. BUT The rest was very meh. It felt like it was more about Diana's embassy staff and the villains than it was about Diana herself and as much as I like Ferdinand, I wasn't really looking for a story about her staff. Towards the end, she did get more involved but ultimately I was pretty indifferent to the story.

This is the first Wonder Woman comic I've read, and the women are drawn so sexualised in it to the point of distraction. I've taken off a star because the highly sensual drawings of all the women, regardless of their dress or activity, detracted from otherwise passable fun incorporating Greek myth and superhero standard business. I very much enjoyed the plot but kept being yanked out of it by how the female characters were contorted or oddly focused on to occupy the story. Will stick to
So this only got 3 stars because The Hiketeia was amazing and probably more of a 4 or 4.5. BUT The rest was very meh. It felt like it was more about Diana's embassy staff and the villains than it was about Diana herself and as much as I like Ferdinand, I wasn't really looking for a story about her staff. Towards the end, she did get more involved but ultimately I was pretty indifferent to the story.
This book collects the first two storylines of Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman. It also has Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia which I have already reviewed. This volume did not surprise me with how good it was, but I was surprised to see a certain antagonist from this run is being brought back for Wonder Woman, Volume 1: The Lies. This lady is pretty much the "reverse"-Wonder Woman and seeing that she is as dangerous and cunning in both runs has me excited for where both of these volumes will be heading.
I guess it makes sense that a comic book that is centered around an established female comic book hero would actually be about her, but I've disappointed in the past. Comics that are supposed to feature a female superhero so often end up being all about the male characters instead. It helps that Wonder Woman has her own expansive backstory to draw upon, rather than trying to pull out a supporting character and try to make her shine on her own. The first story sets up Wonder Woman to defend a


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.