Pages

Download God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics Books Online Free

Details Books To God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics

Original Title: God in the dock
ISBN: 0802808689 (ISBN13: 9780802808684)
Edition Language: English
Download God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics  Books Online Free
God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics Paperback | Pages: 346 pages
Rating: 4.28 | 6616 Users | 246 Reviews

Narrative In Favor Of Books God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics

"Lewis struck me as the most thoroughly converted man I ever met," observes Walter Hooper in the preface to this collection of essays by C. S. Lewis. "His whole vision of life was such that the natural and the supernatural seemed inseparably combined."It is precisely this pervasive Christianity which is demonstrated in the forty-eight essays comprising God in the Dock. Here Lewis addresses himself both to theological questions and to those which Hooper terms "semi-theological," or ethical. But whether he is discussing "Evil and God," "Miracles," "The Decline of Religion," or "The Humanitarian Theory of Punishment," his insight and observations are thoroughly and profoundly Christian.Drawn from a variety of sources, the essays were designed to meet a variety of needs, and among other accomplishments they serve to illustrate the many different angles from which we are able to view the Christian religion. They range from relatively popular pieces written for newspapers to more learned defenses of the faith which first appeared in The Socratic Digest. Characterized by Lewis's honesty and realism, his insight and conviction, and above all his thoroughgoing commitments to Christianity, these essays make God in the Dock very much a book for our time.

Be Specific About Based On Books God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics

Title:God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics
Author:C.S. Lewis
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 346 pages
Published:March 24th 1972 by William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company (first published July 2nd 1971)
Categories:Religion. Theology. Christian. Nonfiction. Christianity. Philosophy

Rating Based On Books God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics
Ratings: 4.28 From 6616 Users | 246 Reviews

Piece Based On Books God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics
Excellent.

I have read a number of books from Lewis, but I don't think I have savored one as much as this one. This is due in large part to the style of the book. "God in the Dock" is a collection of 60 letters and essays, so it's kind of like picking C.S. Lewis' brain over coffee... minus the coffee.When I read Lewis, it feels like I am reaping a harvest, but as time passes, I realize that it was really more like planting for one. At times, Lewis is very quotable. Every good author is. But he is more than

A fantastic collection of responses, letters, and essays on many cultural collection.

Great. Also read in March of 1980.

If I had to recommend to you an essay collection by C. S. Lewis, then THIS WOULD IT BE!!!Walter Hooper has done a very great job in compiling this essay collection....I must confess that in the art of writing, the essay form versus the novel or even novellas has capture and gain my heart.It even was neglected by me, so as for example other peoples neglect short stories or non fiction literature....And so "God in the Dock" by C. S. Lewis will not disappoint, it is witty and insightful written,

I think every Christian should have a copy on their bookshelf for reference. I know I'll be buying one.

Short Review: God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics by CS Lewis - this is a series of 51 essays and a variety of letters that was compiled after Lewis's death. What is interesting is to seek Lewis approach a variety of audiences. He did not speak down, but as he talks about several times in the book, he thought it quite important to be able to speak to different audiences in a way they understand without condescension or dumbing down. There is a fair amount of repetition, but overall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.