Identity Crisis (Identity Crisis #1-7) 
This book just sucked the life and joy out of me while i was reading it... i like dark but that's halloween dark... the fun stuff... but this comic book is just not that dark but a drag. Did they try to make a more realistic story ? may be this was the goal... ? as far as realistic goes, all the realist writers put great amount of humor in their books cause life has humor in it and they don't want you to feel terrible when you read their book... but this book had no humor... it was straight out
Not my favorite. It has some serious problems, like the Dibneys, mistreatment of female characters, and the mystery. And although I found myself getting excited for the mystery, the big reveal was pretty lame. Firstly. Who the hell is Sue Dibny? I think it's safe to say the average reader doesn't know who she is. I can't remember ever reading about her, and I've only seen the Elongated Man (worst superhero name ever, by the way) a few times in various events and crossovers. In my research I

You just know when the first page is literally everyone crying that you made a terrible decision. Luckily however it is a really good read and worth the emotional trauma and you totally get pulled into the story straight away. It's pretty much packed with a shit ton of characters as they try to figure out who is targeting their relatives. I could have done with a little more Aquaman because i felt like everyone else got a say and had their little 'it's my turn to play detective now' but Arthur
Bullet Review:Very decent. I saw in a friend's review that it felt a lot like Watchmen, and I concur. For whatever reason, all the elements worked for me; in particular, I grew really fond of Green Arrow/Ollie. It's also overdramatic and pretentious as hell, but there's worse out there.
Back when it first came out, Identity Crisis was getting a lot of very positive press, and it's obvious why. It's a crossover event that's very well-written and has an intensely personal, emotional, and even relateable story. Unlike pretty much every other crossover event I can think of, it's about love, loss, grief, and making the right and moral choice when there is no right and moral choice. Powerful stuff. Oh, and it's a murder mystery, too.The murder mystery falls by the wayside over and
Law and Order: Justice LeagueSo, this has a wonderful start. Like an extremely memorable start because it reminds me of the start of a good one shot crime thriller. It pulled me in, used a narrative that was compelling and it set up an interesting plot. Unfortunately, it kind of went downhill for me once we really got into Dr. Light's possible motives.I'll get into a bit of why I hate sexual assault as a plot device further in because I told myself not to let that affect my rating. So,The Good:-
Brad Meltzer
Paperback | Pages: 288 pages Rating: 4.04 | 19520 Users | 774 Reviews

Point Books To Identity Crisis (Identity Crisis #1-7)
| Original Title: | Identity Crisis |
| ISBN: | 1401204589 (ISBN13: 9781401204587) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/graphic_novels/?gn=5805 |
| Series: | Identity Crisis #1-7, DC Universe Events #44 |
| Characters: | Wonder Woman, Oliver Queen, Hawkman, Aquaman, Dick Grayson, Superman, Ray Palmer, Slade Wilson, Zatanna Zatara, Ronnie Raymond, Victor Stone, Black Canary, Starfire, Tim Drake, Kyle Rayner, Hal Jordan, Ted Grant, Jean Loring, Ralph Dibny, Barry Allen, Charles McNider, Noah Kuttler, Hector Hall, Floyd Lawton, Jack Drake (DC Comics), Owen Mercer, Arthur Light, Merlyn (DC), Carl Sands, Lorraine Reilly, Sue Dibny, The Monocle, George Harkness, Barbara Gordon, Jefferson Pierce, Wally West, J'onn J'onzz, Scott Free, Lois Lane, Jonathan Kent, Martha Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne |
Representaion As Books Identity Crisis (Identity Crisis #1-7)
The most talked-about and successful miniseries of 2004 the story that has created ripple effects throughout the DC Universe for many years to come is now available in a stunning hardcover volume! New York Times best-selling author Brad Meltzer (GREEN ARROW) teams with artists Rags Morales & Michael Bair (WONDER WOMAN) and cover artist Michael Turner (SUPERMAN/BATMAN) to deliver an all-too-human look into the lives of super-heroes, and the terrible price they pay for doing good.When the spouse of a JLA member is brutally murdered, the entire super-hero community searches for the killer, fearing their own loved ones may be the next targets! But before the mystery is fully solved, a number of long-buried secrets rise to the surface, threatening to tear apart and divide the heroes before they can bring the mysterious killer to justice.
Bonus features include extended commentary by Meltzer and Morales, the rest of the creative team talking about their favorite moments, a look at Morales's sketchbook and more!
Details Out Of Books Identity Crisis (Identity Crisis #1-7)
| Title | : | Identity Crisis (Identity Crisis #1-7) |
| Author | : | Brad Meltzer |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 288 pages |
| Published | : | August 16th 2006 by DC Comics (first published 2004) |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Comics. Graphic Novels. Superheroes. Dc Comics. Comic Book. Fiction |
Rating Out Of Books Identity Crisis (Identity Crisis #1-7)
Ratings: 4.04 From 19520 Users | 774 ReviewsComment On Out Of Books Identity Crisis (Identity Crisis #1-7)
Brad Meltzer surprised me with this, because somehow he turned Elongated Man (who?) into a compelling character.This was a little reminiscent of Watchmen's, especially in the deep cynicism department. I don't want to reveal much about the plot other than that THIS is why we don't tell people our secret identities (I'm looking at you Civil War.) Basically Elongated Man's wife is murdered, setting off a ripple of fear throughout the superhero community.The characterization was great, and I feelThis book just sucked the life and joy out of me while i was reading it... i like dark but that's halloween dark... the fun stuff... but this comic book is just not that dark but a drag. Did they try to make a more realistic story ? may be this was the goal... ? as far as realistic goes, all the realist writers put great amount of humor in their books cause life has humor in it and they don't want you to feel terrible when you read their book... but this book had no humor... it was straight out
Not my favorite. It has some serious problems, like the Dibneys, mistreatment of female characters, and the mystery. And although I found myself getting excited for the mystery, the big reveal was pretty lame. Firstly. Who the hell is Sue Dibny? I think it's safe to say the average reader doesn't know who she is. I can't remember ever reading about her, and I've only seen the Elongated Man (worst superhero name ever, by the way) a few times in various events and crossovers. In my research I

You just know when the first page is literally everyone crying that you made a terrible decision. Luckily however it is a really good read and worth the emotional trauma and you totally get pulled into the story straight away. It's pretty much packed with a shit ton of characters as they try to figure out who is targeting their relatives. I could have done with a little more Aquaman because i felt like everyone else got a say and had their little 'it's my turn to play detective now' but Arthur
Bullet Review:Very decent. I saw in a friend's review that it felt a lot like Watchmen, and I concur. For whatever reason, all the elements worked for me; in particular, I grew really fond of Green Arrow/Ollie. It's also overdramatic and pretentious as hell, but there's worse out there.
Back when it first came out, Identity Crisis was getting a lot of very positive press, and it's obvious why. It's a crossover event that's very well-written and has an intensely personal, emotional, and even relateable story. Unlike pretty much every other crossover event I can think of, it's about love, loss, grief, and making the right and moral choice when there is no right and moral choice. Powerful stuff. Oh, and it's a murder mystery, too.The murder mystery falls by the wayside over and
Law and Order: Justice LeagueSo, this has a wonderful start. Like an extremely memorable start because it reminds me of the start of a good one shot crime thriller. It pulled me in, used a narrative that was compelling and it set up an interesting plot. Unfortunately, it kind of went downhill for me once we really got into Dr. Light's possible motives.I'll get into a bit of why I hate sexual assault as a plot device further in because I told myself not to let that affect my rating. So,The Good:-


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.