Specify Epithetical Books The Myth of You and Me
| Title | : | The Myth of You and Me |
| Author | : | Leah Stewart |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 312 pages |
| Published | : | April 25th 2006 by Broadway Books (first published September 20th 2005) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. Contemporary |

Leah Stewart
Paperback | Pages: 312 pages Rating: 3.67 | 6177 Users | 668 Reviews
Ilustration Supposing Books The Myth of You and Me
When Cameron was fifteen, she and Sonia were best friends—so close it seemed nothing would ever come between them. Now Cameron is a twenty-nine-year-old research assistant with no meaningful ties to anyone except her aging boss, noted historian Oliver Doucet.Nearly a decade after the incident that ended their friendship, Cameron receives an unexpected letter from her old friend. Despite Oliver’s urging, she doesn’t reply. But when he passes away, Cameron discovers that he has left her with one final task: to track down Sonia and hand-deliver a mysterious package to her.
The Myth of You and Me captures the intensity of a friendship as well as the real sense of loss that lingers after the end of one. Searingly honest and beautiful, it is a celebration and portrait of a friendship that will appeal to anyone who still feels the absence of that first true friend.
A People Magazine “10 Great Reads,” 2005
A BookSense Pick
Details Books Concering The Myth of You and Me
| Original Title: | The Myth of You and Me |
| ISBN: | 1400098076 (ISBN13: 9781400098071) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Epithetical Books The Myth of You and Me
Ratings: 3.67 From 6177 Users | 668 ReviewsDiscuss Epithetical Books The Myth of You and Me
There's a gaping hole where my heart once rested. Stewart's tale of two women, former best friends Cameron and Sonia, is almost a romance, on how relationships change over time and the stories we tell ourselves to confirm or deny present reality without these formerly important people. I love juxtaposing reads against each other and as a result often find themes in seemingly odd places. In fact, my previous book was Fight Club, so as narrator Cameron details her past stories of Sonia, neverMost women can attest that friendships go through many phases in life some friends you keep, some you disconnect from entirely, some simply become names on a Christmas card list. Then there are best friends, the ones that shaped your life and the person you became. You can clearly remember everything about how you met; in some cases, you can remember exactly how your friendship collapsed.The friendship between Cameron and Sonia, which began when they were 14, ends soon after college. Cameron is
I loved this book from the beginning, and I loved it all the way through to the end. I could relate to it perfectly well - partly because I have always been the kind of girl to have pretty intensely strong female friendships and partly because I have seen first-hand how tenuous those friendships can actually be. Here's my favorite passage.***Adult friendship doesn't grant you an exclusive, isn't meant to be ranked above romance and family. I couldn't imagine ever living that moment again, when

I thoroughly enjoyed "The Myth of You and Me." It was the kind of story that had me eagerly going from chapter to chapter to find out what happens next. It's the tale of two best friends, who had a falling out and how that shapes their lives and their eventual reunion.
Is there an unforgiveable sin? If so, what is it, and if you choose not to forgive a transgression, who is punished more -- the sinner or the victim? In this sensitive portrayal of friendship and loss, Leah Stewart investigates the many facets of friendship, the question of how much you can truly know someone, and how we can never truly protect ourselves from pain, no matter how hard we try. For the most part, I thought this book was extremely well-written, though the plot was a bit far-fetched.
I have to say I wasn't sure how I felt about this book while I was reading it. I never really felt much for the main character. Maybe we aren't suppose to really like her. She shut herself off from so many people, even her own parents, only allowing in a person here and there. And I found her to be really gloomy even when the moment didn't warrant it. I also think aspects of Cameron's journey to find Sonia were interesting but some of it seemed too easy. All the people in Sonia's life seemed a
I've w amted to read this bok for years and I'm so so glad did. Very good story and very thought-provoking! There are so many good topics for thought and discussion in this book. Great work Leah Stewart!! I am anxious to read more of her work. Reading this book me want to call my best friend from high school whom I had, until two years ago, lost touch with for 40+ years. Here's a line from the book that left its mark on me:"here's nothing lonelier than being angry at domeone who's indifferent to


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.