Pages

Download Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 #2) Free Audio Books

Download Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 #2) Free Audio Books
Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 #2) Audible Audio | Pages: 12 pages
Rating: 4.03 | 19216 Users | 950 Reviews

Itemize Books As Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 #2)

Edition Language: English URL http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Spell-or-High-Water-Audiobook/B00KHEK842
Series: Magic 2.0 #2

Commentary Conducive To Books Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 #2)

The adventures of an American hacker in Medieval England continue as Martin Banks takes his next step on the journey toward mastering his reality-altering powers and fulfilling his destiny.

A month has passed since Martin helped to defeat the evil programmer Jimmy, and things couldn’t be going better. Except for his love life, that is. Feeling distant and lost, Gwen has journeyed to Atlantis, a tolerant and benevolent kingdom governed by the Sorceresses, and a place known to be a safe haven to all female time-travelers.

Thankfully, Martin and Philip are invited to a summit in Atlantis for all of the leaders of the time-traveler colonies, and now Martin thinks this will be a chance to try again with Gwen. Of course, this is Martin Banks we’re talking about, so murder, mystery, and high intrigue all get in the way of a guy who just wants one more shot to get the girl.

The follow-up to the hilarious Off to Be the Wizard, Scott Meyer’s Spell or High Water proves that no matter what powers you have over time and space, you can’t control rotten luck.

Details About Books Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 #2)

Title:Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 #2)
Author:Scott Meyer
Book Format:Audible Audio
Book Edition:Unabridged Audiobook
Pages:Pages: 12 pages
Published:June 17th 2014 by Brilliance Audio
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Science Fiction. Audiobook. Humor. Time Travel. Comedy

Rating About Books Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 #2)
Ratings: 4.03 From 19216 Users | 950 Reviews

Notice About Books Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0 #2)
Great follow-up!

I don't think I would have been as disappointed as I was with this book if I hadn't read the first one.We're off to be the Wizard was smart, charming and full of compelling characters who, amazingly, had some really relevant things to say about gender and male/female relationships. Philip, in particular, was a favorite character of mine because he was so even-keeled and so good at pointing out to EVERY OTHER CHARACTER how STUPID it was that they couldn't just see women as people.And then

Full review now posted!Rating: 4.5/5 starsThese are such cheesy books, but man are they enjoyable.Spell or High Water picks up about a month after the events of Off to Be the Wizard. Martin and Philip are invited to a summit for magical time-travelers, to be held in the mythical city of Atlantis, where Gwen is now a resident. In the present, Jimmy has managed to get out of South America and is hot on the trail of Martin, intent on convincing the Treasury agents hunting Martin to help him. Plot

Spell or High Water picks up a few months after Off to Be the Wizard ends. I find it hard to critique this. It wasn't particulary suspenseful, and the humor is still quite cheap, but there is good entertainment value in this series, the science makes sense, for the most part and the charaters are likeable (or not, when they aren't supposed to be).I did really like the representation of Atlantis and the way everything is organized. The men vs women situation turned on his head was entertaining as

Last year I read the first book in the Magic 2.0 series, Off to be the Wizard and I loved it. It was clever, funny, snarky, full of nerdy, geeky jokes and references, and time travellers being confused by other time travellers. It was a lot of fun and even though I never got around to writing a CBR6 review for it, I remember recommending it to some people. With good memories of the previous book, I picked this one up and saved it for the start of 2015 so I'd have it ready for the review. I

3.5 stars. Spell or High Water is a good follow-up to Off to Be the Wizard. Admittedly, a bit of the novelty factor from the first book did start to wear off and I find this volume to be weaker but the narrative retained its enjoyable comedic tone. Martin and Philip were invited by Gwen to Atlantis, a safe haven for all female sorceresses from a society which is far from friendly to those whom they deem as witches, where a grand summit to gather all the leaders of all known wizard colonies in

A really fun read. Like this author and this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.