Pages

Free Cupid and Psyche Books Online

Particularize Books Concering Cupid and Psyche

Original Title: Cupid and Psyche
ISBN: 0688131638 (ISBN13: 9780688131630)
Edition Language: English
Free Cupid and Psyche  Books Online
Cupid and Psyche Hardcover | Pages: 48 pages
Rating: 4.34 | 1290 Users | 69 Reviews

Declare About Books Cupid and Psyche

Title:Cupid and Psyche
Author:M. Charlotte Craft
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 48 pages
Published:June 3rd 1996 by HarperCollins
Categories:Childrens. Picture Books. Fantasy. Mythology. Romance. Fairy Tales

Ilustration In Favor Of Books Cupid and Psyche

Psyche is the most beautiful woman in the world, yet the oracle at Delphi foresees she will fall in love with a creature feared even by the gods themselves.

Magically, Psyche finds herself in a magnificent castle fitted with sweet music, attentive servants, and a charming but invisible host. Soon she falls in love with this man she has never seen, but in a moment of doubt she betrays his trust. To win back his love, Psyche must show that she is as brave as she is beautiful by performing three impossible tasks.

Perhaps the greatest love story of all, Cupid and Psyche is unsurpassed in its richness and drama. Marie Craft's lively, suspenseful retelling of this classic Greek myth will appeal to young and old alike. And these legendary lovers have inspired forty lush luminous paintings by award-winning artist Kinuko Craft.

Lavishly illustrated and thrillingly told, here is a book to be treasured forever.

Rating About Books Cupid and Psyche
Ratings: 4.34 From 1290 Users | 69 Reviews

Write Up About Books Cupid and Psyche
Very fascinating tale.

Great retelling of the myth. It is told in a way that captures all the complexities of the Cupid and Psyche myth without making it an adult tale. There are no hints of sensuality or eroticism. The best part of this can be found in the illustrations. There are no semi-nude lovers in bed chambers, on the contrary the illustrations focus on the moments while Cupid and Psyche are separated from each other where they realise that they indeed do love one another. This re-telling also focuses attention

Beautifully drawn and great story.

Another fantastic book by the Craft duo!I did not know the story of Cupid and Psyche prior to reading this, and thus my enjoyment of the story was enhanced. I was pleasantly surprised by the detail of this book and the overall goodness of it. There were a few points that I felt took away, just a bit, from the overall "perfect-ness" of our protagonists:*Cupid was obviously a mischief maker*Why did Psyche believe her sisters (though, I felt Craft managed this motive well what with the terrible

I thought this was exquisite! The story is beautiful and beautifully told and the artwork is sumptuous. I truly felt transported while I experienced this thoughtful and heart-ful celebration of love.

Most beautiful myth.

Beautiful. (it's not quite j398--at my library it's J 292.211 to be precise--but we're going to go with that lumping because they're my shelves and I do what I want)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.