Describe Books To The Apprentices (The Apothecary #2)
| ISBN: | 0399162453 (ISBN13: 9780399162459) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Apothecary #2 |

Maile Meloy
Hardcover | Pages: 416 pages Rating: 4.01 | 3351 Users | 395 Reviews
Identify Regarding Books The Apprentices (The Apothecary #2)
| Title | : | The Apprentices (The Apothecary #2) |
| Author | : | Maile Meloy |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 416 pages |
| Published | : | June 4th 2013 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers (first published May 22nd 2013) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Young Adult. Historical. Historical Fiction. Childrens. Middle Grade. Fiction |
Chronicle In Pursuance Of Books The Apprentices (The Apothecary #2)
Two years have passed since Janie Scott last saw Benjamin Burrows, the mysterious apothecary’s defiant son who stole her heart. On the other side of the world, Benjamin and his father are treating the sick and wounded in the war-torn jungles of Vietnam. But Benjamin has also been experimenting with a magical new formula that allows him to communicate with Janie across the globe. When Benjamin discovers that she's in trouble, he calls on their friend Pip for help. The three friends are thrown into a desperate chase around the world to find one another, while unraveling the mystery of what threatens them all.Acclaimed author Maile Meloy seamlessly weaves together magic and adventure in this breathtaking sequel with stunning illustrations by Ian Schoenherr.
Rating Regarding Books The Apprentices (The Apothecary #2)
Ratings: 4.01 From 3351 Users | 395 ReviewsDiscuss Regarding Books The Apprentices (The Apothecary #2)
Sticking to my trend of good YA fiction, I decided to read the sequel to The Apothecary, a book that Rachel recommended. The characters are 2 years older now; Janie is 16 and is a student at a private school in the US, Benjamin and his dad are in the jungles of Vietnam, Pip is a TV celebrity in London, and Jin Lo has returned to China. Lots of drama and action -- Janie is kidnapped, Benjamin takes the avian elixir to turn into a bird to rescue Janie, and there are plenty of bad guys (includingOh, the joys of an unsolicited ARC that turns out to be the sequel to a book you enjoyed. Prior to the arrival of this book on my doorstep, I had no idea that there would be a sequel to The Apothecary, nor did I have a specific hankering for one. However, since I did like the first, I was excited to discover what would transpire in this installment. Well, lucky me, The Apprentices is an even better read than The Apothecary, maturer in plot, writing and characterization.Where The Apothecary was
Two years after the events in The Apothecary 16-year-old Janie is attending school in New Hampshire. All she knows about Ben and his father is they are somewhere trying to save the world against the looming nuclear threat. She's keeping busy with an experiment to desalinate ocean water. Her experiment piques the interest of her roommate's father. Suddenly, Janie finds herself expelled from school and her experiment gone. To get it back, she's finds a way to contact Benjamin and unknowingly sets

Great book. The reason I'm only marking it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the main climactic moment (I won't say what) was too sudden and disconnected in my opinion. I was not very emotionally effected because it was too sudden. Maybe it's just me but it's always the ending chapter or two that stick with me most of the time and it wasn't quite as dramatic this time. Great overall book though and a wonderful sequel. I can't wait for the next one, this one certainly left a lot to make into a great
More magical science in this one! And new characters.This book was narrated in third-person, switching perspectives. While it was fun to see other characters' points of view, Pip's especially, I think it lost a little something without Janie's narrating voice.The book had more settings: America, Vietnam, Malaya, China, etc. Each location brought more challenges and more creatures.Highlights: Pip's journey to America, Benjamin's brilliant invention, and Jin Lo's new discovery.
I thought this story was very entertaining, and I couldn't put the book down. I loved how the characters throughout the book had realistic emotions. The pacing was great, and the chapters alternated between different perspectives. The different situations for each character kept me interested in the story. I also liked the way the author built suspense by showing what happened to some characters through others. Overall I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it to anyone who likes cute
YIKES! This book was a bit of a disaster! All of the characters I came to know and love in the first book were either changed completely or watered down to the point where I truly didn't care what happened to them anymore. I had a very difficult time just finishing the book because I was so bored. Let's go character by character, shall we?Janie: Is utterly oblivious to the plot to steal her work. Even when she knows she may be kidnapped she still can't avoid it and doesn't even try to avoid it.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.