Pages

Free Download Books The Champion Online

Itemize Books In Pursuance Of The Champion

Original Title: The Champion
ISBN: 0312192460 (ISBN13: 9780312192464)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.elizabethchadwick.com/current.html
Free Download Books The Champion  Online
The Champion Hardcover | Pages: 499 pages
Rating: 4.09 | 1565 Users | 80 Reviews

Mention Of Books The Champion

Title:The Champion
Author:Elizabeth Chadwick
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 499 pages
Published:December 1st 1998 by St. Martin's Press (first published June 12th 1997)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Romance. Historical Romance. Medieval. Fiction

Ilustration Supposing Books The Champion

Author: Elizabeth Chadwick
Published: 01/12/1998 (first published 1997)
Recommended for: fans of historical romances

I absolutely loved this book! It was one that intrigued me straight away with its beautiful cover, it stood out on the shelf. This book is not my normal type of book with it being a sort of historical romance novel.
The characters that are featured in the novel are very well described so that when you close your eyes you can imagine them and image the places they live in. The novel is set in the 1100's in Normandy, and see's the adventures, the ups and the downs of a girl called Monday. This book quickly captured my mind and was one that I could easily get caught up in, the characters are all very likeable and realistic which makes it all that bit easier to get caught up in Mondays life and you feel for her when she has to suffer through hard parts of her life.
This is the first book that I have read by this author and..... it certainly wont be the last one I read by her, it has me completely hooked on this genre. I thought that this book was brilliantly written and keeps a great pace throughout making you want to keep on reading the novel.

Rating Of Books The Champion
Ratings: 4.09 From 1565 Users | 80 Reviews

Rate Of Books The Champion
Another wonderful book by E. Chadwick. I'm happy I got to read this. it is a fantastic tale. The story of Monday de Cerizay and Alexander de Montroi fascinated me.

While this is not Chadwick's best, her second best is far above many other writers of historical fiction. It is always time travel with one of her novels, wrapping you up in the sights, sounds and even smells of the period. An interesting concept using the tourney circuit as a back drop, giving you an entrance into an area most of us know nothing about. Of course the hero is wonderful, the villains truly evil and true love wins out in the end.

Decent historical novel becomes bogged down in romance about halfway thru. Fans of the form will probably be fine, but the unconverted may have trouble. A bit of irony in the narration mightve helped. And, respectfully, Ms. Chadwick is a little loose with her adverbs. That being said, her talent and imagination are definitely there, as well as, presumably, a great deal of very hard work.

More fantastic fiction from one of the ace's in historical fiction! The only plot device I had trouble with was the convenience of a baby dying to a mistress a king is not on record as having - I can see the reason for showing the ease of becoming pregnant in a time when even the rhythm method was rudimentary (and, as Chadwick does display, seen as witchcraft by the pious monks), and many children died as babies, I just wonder whether another man could have been chosen by the author as her

This book had it's bland moments, but all in all, once I waded through those parts that were bogging me down, I discovered that I had actually enjoyed it. I have quite a few E.Chadwick books and though I keep buying them I have a bit of a problem with her female characters. I find them lacklustre, depressing and pretty much devoid of personality. There are slight glimmers of endearing qualities or spirit, but they never persist. It's probably just me. Everyone get's something different from each

Author: Elizabeth ChadwickPublished: 01/12/1998 (first published 1997)Recommended for: fans of historical romancesI absolutely loved this book! It was one that intrigued me straight away with its beautiful cover, it stood out on the shelf. This book is not my normal type of book with it being a sort of historical romance novel. The characters that are featured in the novel are very well described so that when you close your eyes you can imagine them and image the places they live in. The novel

What can i say? It was really confusing with the constant change of views (literally). Monday is living her life, and bam! a forest is what you see. Sorry, but even tho the atory was good and interesting, i'm not going to rate it for fear of the nothingness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.