Pages

Free Download Books The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story

Point Books In Favor Of The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story

ISBN: 1451609256 (ISBN13: 9781451609257)
Edition Language: English
Free Download Books The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story
The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story Hardcover | Pages: 336 pages
Rating: 3.96 | 619 Users | 149 Reviews

Commentary During Books The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story

In April 2009, a modest middle-aged woman from a village in Scotland was catapulted to global fame when the YouTube video of her audition for Britain̢۪s Got Talent touched the hearts of millions all over the world. From singing karaoke in local pubs to a live performance with an eighty-piece orchestra in Japan̢۪s legendary Budokan Arena and a record-breaking debut album, Susan Boyle has become an international superstar. This astonishing transformation has not always been easy for her, faced with all the trappings of celebrity, but in the whirlwind of attention and expectation, she has always found calm and clarity in music. Susan was born to sing. Now, for the first time, she tells the story of her life and the challenges she has struggled to overcome with faith, fortitude, and an unfailing sense of humor.

Define Containing Books The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story

Title:The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story
Author:Susan Boyle
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 336 pages
Published:October 12th 2010 by Atria Books (first published January 1st 2010)
Categories:Nonfiction. Biography. Autobiography. Memoir. Music. Biography Memoir

Rating Containing Books The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story
Ratings: 3.96 From 619 Users | 149 Reviews

Discuss Containing Books The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story
On April 1st, 2009 Susan Boyle spent a lonely birthday in her West Lothian home in Scotland. There were no cards, no presents, no parties, no phone calls with people singing happy birthday. Nope, for Susan, it really wasn't a "birthday" but just any other ordinary day. On April 1, 2010 Susan Boyle was known around the world!! She had become an overnight sensation singing with the voice of an angel. The range, the pitch and notes this woman can hit literally leave you quaking in your boots. You

I've always wondered what I would respond if ever asked whom I would like to meet. I can now say it would be an honor to meet Susan Boyle. This book was so inspiring, so touching, so real. What an incredibly beautiful person.

Two Britain's Got Talent auditions have had an impact on me. One was Phil Potts opera rendition and the other was Susan Boyle's, I Dreamed A Dream. What I didn't know was that the Youtube of her performance changed her life forever the very next day -- some of it in bad ways, some of it a dream come true. As she mentions in one of the last chapters, "celebrity is paradoxical; it brings pleasures as well as pressures, ...freedom as well as restrictions." I stopped reading biographies once I

I loved this book, especially the audible version. Learning about Susans life before her BGT audition, which rocked the world, gave me a deeper appreciation for her courage and resilience. Those who watched the audition remember how she appeared. What we didnt know was that Susan mother had recently died, and because of Susans grief she lost interest in keeping up her appearance. Its really true that we should not judge a book by its cover!



I remember seeing Susan Boyle's first audition on Britain's Got Talent, then showing it to my son when he got home from school. When she opened her mouth, he said, "That's not her singing, is it?" He thought it was a trick. No one expected that voice to come from that visual. But God truly uses the humble things of this world to shame the proud, and He gave Susan a beautiful talent.Susan tells her own story in The Woman I Was Born to Be. After a brief prologue, she begins with the story of her

Susan Boyle, a modest middle-aged Scottish woman, shot to world-wide fame when an audition of her singing I Dreamed a Dream (from the musical Les Miserables) for the tv show Britains Got Talent made her a You-Tube phenomenon. This is the story of her life through that first year after she became world-known. She tells of her family upbringing, the last of nine children a surprise late in life baby, who her family would always worry about as being a little off, due to a difficult birth and time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.