Devoured (The Hunger #1) 
Day One: A series of terrorist attacks spread a cloud of noxious gas over highly populated areas.
Day Two: Higher brain function erodes in those exposed to the gas. Their bodies begin to distort, faces distending, skin sallowing, teeth elongating.
Day Three: The infected disappear into the shadows, fleeing the harsh daylight which has begun to sear their flesh.
Day Four: The world is DEVOURED.
Life isn’t kind to Lance York. A full-time job has eluded him for years, his wife loathes the sight of him, his bank accounts are empty, and his wealthy father-in-law revels in his failures.
After he lunges in front of a car to save a sick and disoriented woman, Lance awakens in a quarantined hospital. A devastating plague is spreading worldwide, driving those infected with it insane. Their bodies begin to mutate into horrors that have haunted mankind’s nightmares for centuries.
The world descends into chaos as the infected flee to the shadows, emerging at night to devour the remnants of civilization.
With the help of an unlikely ally, Lance must navigate through the collapsing city of Pittsburgh, striving to escape the madness of the apocalypse that unfolds around them.
This is a surprising little gem of a read, I really was surprised by how fun it was. I understand the girl on the front cover is the same as the girl on Chrissy Peebles books but I a assume she is a favourite to use, anyway we are not here to judge the book by the cover.Lance as a character is pretty relatable because quite a lot of people have been through depression, breakups, divorce and unemployment. He really isn't in the best of positions to start off with and then forced to face vampirism
2 extremely generous stars and that's rounding up and tilting the damn pinball machine all at once (see comment about price below).'Devoured (The Hunger #1)' is an exceedingly sub-average zombie-slash-vampire book that offers imho nothing terribly unique to the genre. I considered giving it 3 stars but in goodreads parlance that means 'I liked it' and that is not the case. This was painful.This book certainly can't be said to have anything even remotely to be confused with 'horror' in between

Lance, by his own admission, was a loser. Stuck in a failed marriage and unable to keep a job, he had succumbed to depression and had pretty much given up. While walking down the street talking to an old coworker that he hadnt seen in years, he noticed an incoherent woman stumbling toward an intersection and certain death. He was struck by a car when he pushed the woman to safety, but the insanity was just beginning. While in the hospital, he learned that the woman was infected with a virus that
In the mood for a new apocalyptic thriller, this one was a pleasant surprise. I hear great things about Jason Brant, and am glad to feel it was warranted. The story introduces us to a likable hero who is dealing with the end of his marriage, depressed over his career failures and husband failures, when his willingness to stick his neck out for someone in need puts him in the center of a violent outbreak. I enjoyed getting to know him and the heroine who will join his side. The action is strongly
This book has been sitting on my Kindle for more than three years when I finally decided to read it. It was all about the girl on the cover.Yeah, the girl on the cover. She pops up only at about 55% of the book. First it was all about Lance and I didn't like Lance, especially at the beginning of the novel. He's in his mid-thirties and can't hold a job (kind of a familiar situation), his divorcing his wife (not my case) and he's in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Oh yeah, he's impotent.
Fresh off my Vietnam fictional-autobiography The Things They Carried and Pulitzer Prize winner Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City, I really needed to rest my brain. Actually--let's be honest--I really needed to see humanity destroyed a little faster than we seem to be doing it ourselves. Brant--and I might turn into a genuine fan of this non-genuine Bigfoot hunter--serves up almost exactly what I was looking for in an apocalypse-monster novel. For all you who wanted to like The
Jason Brant
Kindle Edition | Pages: 350 pages Rating: 3.94 | 1618 Users | 156 Reviews

Specify Books In Favor Of Devoured (The Hunger #1)
| Original Title: | Devoured ASIN B00DPK3D0G |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Hunger #1 |
| Setting: | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania(United States) |
Narration During Books Devoured (The Hunger #1)
An alternate cover edition can be found here .Day One: A series of terrorist attacks spread a cloud of noxious gas over highly populated areas.
Day Two: Higher brain function erodes in those exposed to the gas. Their bodies begin to distort, faces distending, skin sallowing, teeth elongating.
Day Three: The infected disappear into the shadows, fleeing the harsh daylight which has begun to sear their flesh.
Day Four: The world is DEVOURED.
Life isn’t kind to Lance York. A full-time job has eluded him for years, his wife loathes the sight of him, his bank accounts are empty, and his wealthy father-in-law revels in his failures.
After he lunges in front of a car to save a sick and disoriented woman, Lance awakens in a quarantined hospital. A devastating plague is spreading worldwide, driving those infected with it insane. Their bodies begin to mutate into horrors that have haunted mankind’s nightmares for centuries.
The world descends into chaos as the infected flee to the shadows, emerging at night to devour the remnants of civilization.
With the help of an unlikely ally, Lance must navigate through the collapsing city of Pittsburgh, striving to escape the madness of the apocalypse that unfolds around them.
Identify Regarding Books Devoured (The Hunger #1)
| Title | : | Devoured (The Hunger #1) |
| Author | : | Jason Brant |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 350 pages |
| Published | : | December 30th 2013 (first published June 28th 2013) |
| Categories | : | Horror. Zombies. Apocalyptic. Post Apocalyptic. Fiction. Science Fiction. Paranormal. Vampires. Dystopia |
Rating Regarding Books Devoured (The Hunger #1)
Ratings: 3.94 From 1618 Users | 156 ReviewsWrite-Up Regarding Books Devoured (The Hunger #1)
Devoured was a competent addition to the canon of zombie stories. I found the book a very fast read, finishing it in one day and part of a night of reading.There is a very out of shape hero. He is far from an expert in weapons or unarmed fighting techniques. He has watched alot of television and movies, so he is acquainted, at an intellectual level, with the issues around a zombie apocalypse. This is good preparation because that is what he wakes up to in the hospital near the beginning of theThis is a surprising little gem of a read, I really was surprised by how fun it was. I understand the girl on the front cover is the same as the girl on Chrissy Peebles books but I a assume she is a favourite to use, anyway we are not here to judge the book by the cover.Lance as a character is pretty relatable because quite a lot of people have been through depression, breakups, divorce and unemployment. He really isn't in the best of positions to start off with and then forced to face vampirism
2 extremely generous stars and that's rounding up and tilting the damn pinball machine all at once (see comment about price below).'Devoured (The Hunger #1)' is an exceedingly sub-average zombie-slash-vampire book that offers imho nothing terribly unique to the genre. I considered giving it 3 stars but in goodreads parlance that means 'I liked it' and that is not the case. This was painful.This book certainly can't be said to have anything even remotely to be confused with 'horror' in between

Lance, by his own admission, was a loser. Stuck in a failed marriage and unable to keep a job, he had succumbed to depression and had pretty much given up. While walking down the street talking to an old coworker that he hadnt seen in years, he noticed an incoherent woman stumbling toward an intersection and certain death. He was struck by a car when he pushed the woman to safety, but the insanity was just beginning. While in the hospital, he learned that the woman was infected with a virus that
In the mood for a new apocalyptic thriller, this one was a pleasant surprise. I hear great things about Jason Brant, and am glad to feel it was warranted. The story introduces us to a likable hero who is dealing with the end of his marriage, depressed over his career failures and husband failures, when his willingness to stick his neck out for someone in need puts him in the center of a violent outbreak. I enjoyed getting to know him and the heroine who will join his side. The action is strongly
This book has been sitting on my Kindle for more than three years when I finally decided to read it. It was all about the girl on the cover.Yeah, the girl on the cover. She pops up only at about 55% of the book. First it was all about Lance and I didn't like Lance, especially at the beginning of the novel. He's in his mid-thirties and can't hold a job (kind of a familiar situation), his divorcing his wife (not my case) and he's in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Oh yeah, he's impotent.
Fresh off my Vietnam fictional-autobiography The Things They Carried and Pulitzer Prize winner Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City, I really needed to rest my brain. Actually--let's be honest--I really needed to see humanity destroyed a little faster than we seem to be doing it ourselves. Brant--and I might turn into a genuine fan of this non-genuine Bigfoot hunter--serves up almost exactly what I was looking for in an apocalypse-monster novel. For all you who wanted to like The


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.