Pages

Free Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan #1) Books Online

Describe Books Supposing Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan #1)

Original Title: Flight Of The Old Dog
ISBN: 042519518X (ISBN13: 9780425195185)
Edition Language: English
Series: Patrick McLanahan #1
Characters: Patrick McLanahan, Brad Elliott, Wendy (Tork) McLanahan, Harold 'Hal' Briggs, David Luger
Free Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan #1) Books Online
Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan #1) Paperback | Pages: 404 pages
Rating: 4.11 | 16261 Users | 144 Reviews

Define Out Of Books Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan #1)

Title:Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan #1)
Author:Dale Brown
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 404 pages
Published:August 5th 2003 by Berkley Trade (first published June 1st 1987)
Categories:Fiction. War. Military Fiction. Thriller

Narration Concering Books Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan #1)

Flight of the Old Dog is the runaway bestseller that launched the phenomenal career of Dale Brown. It is the riveting story of America's race for technology, overtaken by our greatest enemy's mastery of "Star Wars." The U.S. arsenal of nuclear missiles has been neutralized. America's only hope: The Old Dog Zero One, a battle-scarred bomber fully renovated with modern hardware - and equipped with the deadliest state-of-the-art armaments known to man...

When the Soviet Union masters "Star Wars" technology, rendering the U.S.'s arsenal of nuclear missiles impotent, America's only hope lies in The Old Dog Zero One--a battle-scarred bomber fully renovated with enough weaponry and stealth hardware to earn it the nickname, "Megafortress."



Rating Out Of Books Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan #1)
Ratings: 4.11 From 16261 Users | 144 Reviews

Criticism Out Of Books Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan #1)
I read this book relatively soon after it was originally published and LOVED it. I kept my copy of the book all these years but rather than just pull that copy out of the box it is in I purchased this audiobook copy so I could listen to it on an upcoming car trip. I was so disappointed when I received it to discover it was an abridgement of the original. But it was what I had and I was leaving the next day so on we went. I hated it. Loved the reader and will look for more performances by him.

What happens next to Patrick Mclanahan and his crew? Such a question rarely entered my mind. While this book was filled with copious amounts of tech specs and enough aeronautic jargon to make one feel like you are taking an aerospace engineering course. There is so much that it feels the actual story and characters are muddied down with it. It's always good to give enough information for the reader (especially one unfamiliar with the science) something to go on to understand whats happening and

Never a dull moment!It's been a while since I picked up a book by Dale Brown and I dont know why! Flight of the old dog was perfect. Dale's writing keeps you on the edge of your seat and waiting to turn the page. The vivid description and suspenseful dialogue makes his writing stand out from others. I enjoyed the technical descriptions and story telling of combining new age tech with an old but flighty ready aircraft. Must read for sure and on to the next Dale Brown novel for me.



Meh.Purely speculative military fiction makes a pretty interesting novel, if not entirely believable. Characters were cookie cutters, and the ending line made me want to vomit. Actually the ending line made me knock off one star.You cannot end a book on a happy romantic note between two characters that only showed mild interest in one another throughout the whole story. Perhaps 40 words were dedicated to their relationship in the whole 300ish pages. Sorry, the ending just kind of ruined it for

A reasonably good debut effort for this series. The story offers enough drama and the characters are interesting for the most part. Occasionally the author gets carried away with mind numbing techno babble but the reader can easily bypass these parts.

It is funny how you can have a different experience when reading a book at various times in your life. I remember when I first read this book [back when it first came out], I liked some of it but overall I was not impressed with the book. My appreciation and enjoyment of the book has steadily increased with each reading. It was probably a good five to ten years between the first and second time I read it; this is my fourth or fifth time reading it. It moves at a good pace. It does take time to

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.