Pages

Books The Clever Mill Horse (CMH, #1) Download Online Free

Books The Clever Mill Horse (CMH, #1)  Download Online Free
The Clever Mill Horse (CMH, #1) Paperback | Pages: 424 pages
Rating: 3.94 | 34 Users | 20 Reviews

Mention Books In Favor Of The Clever Mill Horse (CMH, #1)

ISBN: 0991341201 (ISBN13: 9780991341207)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Upstate New York(United States) New Jersey Pine Barrens(United States) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania(United States)

Representaion To Books The Clever Mill Horse (CMH, #1)

Winner of the 2014 James River Writers Indie Novel Contest
Winner of the 2015 Feathered Quill Book Awards for Best Historical Fiction and Best Debut Author


A young woman’s gift could weave together the fabric of a nation...

1810, upstate New York. 21-year-old Ella Kenyon is happiest gliding through the thick woods around her small frontier town, knife in hand, her sharp eyes tracking game. A gift for engineering is in her blood, but she would gladly trade it for more time in the forest. If only her grandfather's dying wish hadn't trapped her into a fight she never wanted.

Details Regarding Books The Clever Mill Horse (CMH, #1)

Title:The Clever Mill Horse (CMH, #1)
Author:Jodi Lew-Smith
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 424 pages
Published:August 15th 2014 by Caspian Press (first published June 4th 2014)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction

Rating Regarding Books The Clever Mill Horse (CMH, #1)
Ratings: 3.94 From 34 Users | 20 Reviews

Write Up Regarding Books The Clever Mill Horse (CMH, #1)
Wonderful entertainment! The book had me creating time to read, wishing to get back to it often. Ella is a non-girly girl, learning the ways of the woods, engineering and self protection from her grandfather and a native American. Her mother and two younger siblings endure abuse from a constantly drunken father but he learns to leave Ella alone. The grandfather exacts a promise for Ella to continue his work should he die before it's done -- the invention of a flax milling machine. The fabric of

An easy read; good story about a coming-of-age young woman with engineering skills and a strong and supportive grand-dad. Valuable historical background. For me, a luke-warm and disappointing finish - but a tantalizing hint that there's more good words to come.

In 1810 twenty-one year old Ella Kenyon needs to keep her promise to her grandfather and finish designing the first flax mill to strip raw flax into the silky fiber used to weave linen. The invention will provide for her family and assure the entire town of Debroahville in Upstate New York steady employment. But can she trust the man who wants to help her file her patent? The path to Washington, DC is fraught with danger. Just when her dream seems within grasp Ella must make the ultimate

I just loved this book! It captured my attention right from the beginning and I was swept up by the story. I kept reading late at night to see what would happen next. It is a mystery set in the early 1800's about the development of the flax-milling machine. The story grabs your attention with a web of family relationships,Native American culture and detailed descriptions of nature and botanical medicine. I can't wait for the sequel. I highly recommend this book.

This is a great read...a fascinating "what if" flax milling had overtaken cotton...how would that have effected American history? And the strong female character loves both nature AND engineering. Get this book now and read it...so you are ready for the next book in the series which is in the works.

I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway when i won one of the copies offered.Oh, y'all, I wanted to like this novel. I wanted to love it, in fact. Historical fiction about the industrialization of the textile industry, with a female engineer protagonist? Sign me up, i thought. I was on board, i was down. But i just couldn't get into it. I tried so hard, and no dice. I read in the author's note that she thanked her editor for paring the book down from a much longer draft, and i feel like it

I wanted to like this book. I love historical fiction featuring strong women and the idea of a woman engineer in this time period--the days of slavery and horses and carriages and Native Americans not yet conquered to the point of near extinction--just really appealed to me.The book got a rocky start. Though the heroine is an inventor, she prefers to spend her days roaming the forest tracking and hunting. Those scenes bored me to pieces. It's not something that interests me at all. On top of

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.