List Books In Favor Of Mort (Discworld #4)
| Original Title: | Mort |
| ISBN: | 0061020680 (ISBN13: 9780061020681) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Discworld #4, Discworld - Death #01 |
| Characters: | Albert, DEATH, Mort, Ysabel, Keli |
Terry Pratchett
Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 243 pages Rating: 4.24 | 184082 Users | 4663 Reviews
Rendition Concering Books Mort (Discworld #4)
Terry Pratchett's profoundly irreverent novels are consistent number one bestseller in England, where they have catapulted him into the highest echelons of parody next to Mark Twain, Kurt Vonnegut, Douglas Adams, and Carl Hiaasen.In this Discworld installment, Death comes to Mort with an offer he can't refuse -- especially since being, well, dead isn't compulsory. As Death's apprentice, he'll have free board and lodging, use of the company horse, and he won't need time off for family funerals. The position is everything Mort thought he'd ever wanted, until he discovers that this perfect job can be a killer on his love life.

Particularize Out Of Books Mort (Discworld #4)
| Title | : | Mort (Discworld #4) |
| Author | : | Terry Pratchett |
| Book Format | : | Mass Market Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 243 pages |
| Published | : | February 6th 2001 by Harpertorch (first published November 12th 1987) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Fiction. Humor |
Rating Out Of Books Mort (Discworld #4)
Ratings: 4.24 From 184082 Users | 4663 ReviewsAssess Out Of Books Mort (Discworld #4)
Discworld Book 4 Oh. I see. People don't want to see what can't possibly exist.Carrying on with my Pratchett education. Although Death appeared in the previous books, this is the one where this rather uncommon character gets more screen time to great effect. I mean it is not every day you see the Grim Reaper hankering for a curry or trying to get drunk and have fun! Once more, we get a crazy tale of adventure, this time following Mort, gangly, awkward boy, who becomes Death's apprentice. QueueSo I've decided to dip my toes back into the waters of the utterly bonkers but always hilarious Discworld Series by the late, great Terry Pratchett. I've only read odd books here and there, and certainly have never read the books in order. Honestly I don't have that sort of patience. So instead I prefer to flit in and out focusing more on the books featuring my favourite characters. I tend to find the plots, and even the characters at times, just superfluous to the reading experience! For me
I really enjoyed this Discworld novel which is about a boy called Mort who becomes Death's apprentice and things going a little bit cray-cray. I felt like this had more of a story than the other books, though Equal Rites does have a good plot as well, and i just really enjoyed all the crazy characters as usual but in particular Death. I loved how weird and wonderful he was and how undeath like he was I guess - I will never get the picture of Death in a kitchen with an apron and a whole family of

Thanks for the buddy read Carl!This is my first experience with Terry Pratchett and I knew I was going to enjoy it! I love his writing style, humor, and his characters. Each character is eccentric in some way, and their personalities both complement and clash with each other. The story was so off-the-wall that I had no idea what was going to happen next, but that made the reading experience so much more enjoyable. I can see myself picking up one of his novels whenever Im looking for a good
"I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I COULD MURDER A CURRY.With those simple words Terry Pratchett introduces the complicated fact that on The Disc Death is as much a person as anyone else, only more so.The fourth Discworld novel is right up there with my favourites, the story of how Death came to take an apprentice and how one gangly, awkward young boy became a strong, confident man is filled with humour and tells the kind of coming of age tale other authors only dream of.It may not be the best
Excellent and funI just love the characters this author comes up with. Death is a great ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION and Mort, the human he selects as his apprentice, is the perfect replacement. Sort of.Mort has a hard time filling in for Death when he needs a day off. At least he does once a girl gets involved. There is romance in this as well, sort of. Apparently, not completing the job Death is meant to do has some pretty serious consequences that even a cameo appearance by Rincewind may
I loved this one! I think Death is automatically a favorite character in the Discworld world, and he finally gets his own book. He picks up an apprentice (Mort) to help with the soul-collecting business and takes advantage of the opportunity to try out some popular human pasttimes, such as drinking, gambling, partying, and job hunting. Meanwhile, Mort sort of kind of accidentally-maybe seriously disturbs the fabric of reality.There are so many funny scenes and lines. The story just flew by. I


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.