Pages

Books Online Free A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire #3) Download

Mention Books During A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire #3)

Original Title: A Light to My Path (Refiners Fire #3)
ISBN: 1556614446 (ISBN13: 9781556614446)
Edition Language: English
Series: Refiner's Fire #3
Books Online Free A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire #3) Download
A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire #3) Paperback | Pages: 432 pages
Rating: 4.38 | 5207 Users | 370 Reviews

Interpretation Concering Books A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire #3)

These books are amazing! I love how Lynn Austin does the three books: Candle in the Darkness, Fire by Night, and A Light to my Path, each in a different perspective during the Civil War- A white woman from the South, a white woman from the North, and a male and female slave living in the South. They all impacted me in different ways because I saw different ways of thinking, whether they were for slavery or not. They all also did something for the cause, whether it be nursing, spying, making uniforms, or fighting.

A Light to My Path probably impacted me the most, being from the perspective of slaves. I knew slavery was wrong and that they weren't treated well, but I had no idea of just how cruel the Masters/and or Masters' wives could be. I never thought about how big the consequence was for the littlest mistake, and it ripped my heart out every time one of them was punished.

I liked how, even though Lynn showed how terrible the Owners could be, she also showed how they weren't all the same- that they didn't all treat their slaves so poorly. That there were really nice southerners that treated the slaves with respect.

Another thing that I liked was how the people from each of the books were connected in some way, and I was expecting a happy reunion at the end of this book. Unfortunately, I was disappointed when I didn't get the reunion I was looking forward to.

The message in this book was great! Throughout the whole book you had Grady, who had grown to the age of nine knowing God, but then he was taken from his family and thrown into the worst conditions, that he practically gave up on life and even more- his Faith. Then you have Anna who never had time to grow a back-bone because she had been treated unkindly practically her whole life. The message from Grady was basically to not let your anger control you until it completely consumes everything about you, but to put God in control, because in the end it is God who will send judgement.

Romans 12:19 (NIV)
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
The message that I get from Anna was to not let people walk all over me. That I do have to be kind and a servant to others, but that their are also times when I will just have to say no. I can't think of a verse for this right now, but I completely believe it.

All in all, I HIGHLY recommend this series to everyone! I don't think this is a series meant just for women, but that men can totally read these as well.

Go to my blog at: http://kissedbooks.blogspot.com/

Specify Out Of Books A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire #3)

Title:A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire #3)
Author:Lynn Austin
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 432 pages
Published:November 1st 2004 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 2004)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Christian Fiction. Christian. Fiction. Romance

Rating Out Of Books A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire #3)
Ratings: 4.38 From 5207 Users | 370 Reviews

Critique Out Of Books A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire #3)
These books are amazing! I love how Lynn Austin does the three books: Candle in the Darkness, Fire by Night, and A Light to my Path, each in a different perspective during the Civil War- A white woman from the South, a white woman from the North, and a male and female slave living in the South. They all impacted me in different ways because I saw different ways of thinking, whether they were for slavery or not. They all also did something for the cause, whether it be nursing, spying, making

Lynn Austin continues to amaze me as a writer. This book is no exception. I finished it today, last book in the series. I was disappointed to have it end, and I don't want to read anything else. I'm still in the aura, wanting to savor it. Hoping the pressure upon my soul will be creating some permanent alteration to this lump of clay the Potter is shaping.Book 3 of the Refiner's Fire Series covers the years of the Civil War from the perspective of slaves in South Carolina. Each installment of

I've been processing this book for the past few days after finishing it. I've learned so much from reading this series and I appreciate Lynn Austin writing each book in the series from a different person's perspective during the Civil War. This specific book was the hardest for me to read, but the most important to me as well. It is beyond my understanding how anyone could feel OK about owning slaves. Thank heavens there were clear headed people back then who could see how wrong it was and

A Light to My Path is the third book in the Refiner's Fire series. For the series overall, I really liked how the author focused on a different aspect of the civil war in each book. The first book is about a southern woman that is a Union sympathizer. The second book is about two women and their role near/on the battlefield and this final book was the perspective of two former slaves.A Light to My Path tells Grady's story that had a limited amount of time in the first novel. Grady is very angry



This is a moving story of redemption and freedom set during the Civil War. The story follows the lives of two slaves, Grady who experiences the darker side of slavery with the slave auction, and Anna who keeps her position in the house by doing everything cheerfully. Here's my admission-- I had to take a break because both stories made me so sad. It makes me want to weep just thinking of the lack of control slaves had, and the mistreatment/abuse in big and small ways. Painful. Something as

I had to read the last book in the series, even though I didn't really have high hopes for this book. Good thing about that? My hopes were raised. The first half read like a completely different author. It was riveting. Definitely my favorite from the series, and I was SO happy to see what came of Grady!!Grady and Anna were realistic characters. Their hopes and their sorrows felt real. I love how different Grady and Anna were. Grady's hatred toward slavery and being different from white men is

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.