Be Specific About Books In Pursuance Of We Are All Made of Stars
| Original Title: | We Are All Made of Stars |
| ISBN: | 009195312X (ISBN13: 9780091953126) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rowan Coleman
Paperback | Pages: 432 pages Rating: 4.06 | 5130 Users | 885 Reviews
Chronicle Supposing Books We Are All Made of Stars
What if you had just one chance, one letter you could leave behind for the person you love?What would you write?
Stella Carey has good reason to only work nights at the hospice where she is a nurse. Married to a war veteran who has returned from Afghanistan brutally injured, Stella leaves the house each night as her husband Vincent, locks himself away, unable to sleep due to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
During her nights at the hospice, Stella writes letters for her patients containing their final wishes, thoughts and feelings – from how to use a washing machine, to advice on how to be a good parent – and usually she delivers each letter to the recipient after he or she has died.
That is until Stella writes one letter that she feels compelled to deliver in time to give her patient one final chance of redemption…

Describe Appertaining To Books We Are All Made of Stars
| Title | : | We Are All Made of Stars |
| Author | : | Rowan Coleman |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 432 pages |
| Published | : | January 28th 2016 by Ebury Press (Fiction) (first published May 21st 2015) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Romance. Contemporary. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit |
Rating Appertaining To Books We Are All Made of Stars
Ratings: 4.06 From 5130 Users | 885 ReviewsDiscuss Appertaining To Books We Are All Made of Stars
This is a book where you just... *sigh* when you've finished it. I loved the book. Have been near to tears at various points. It's full of feelings and love. It's highly unique with all the letters in between. It's so inspiring to read what a person would tell a loved one when he/she died.A longer review can be found at Bite Into booksA great feel-good story including the not-feeling-so-good parts. I rushed through by the way, finished it within a day. The letters in this book are unique andReading real books, and writing real letters; these are two things that I have spent my life doing. Some days I am glad that I am older, and that I probably won't be around when real books and actual letters that arrive in the post disappear altogether. Rowan Coleman has captured, within this story, the emotions that are instilled when a hand-written letter is received, the joy of receiving, the recognition of the time and effort spent on the writing and the ability to keep the letter for ever,
We Are All Made of Stars follows the lives of three people: Stella, a hospice nurse whose husband has recently returned from Afghanistan with physical, mental and emotional injuries, Hope, a young woman with cystic fibrosis who is staying in the hospice to recuperate after a close brush with death, and Hugh, a nearly middle-aged historian whose consistent - and boring - life is interrupted when a single mother moves next door. Throughout the book, Stella writes final letters for patients who do

4.5 stars Omg I loved this! So sad yet so sweet and funny. I listened to this as I walked to and from work and at one point Id be laughing and other times Id almost be at tears, screwing up my face I bet the people driving past thought I was a right weirdo. I also loved the letters and all the different perspectives. Ben and Hope were my fave👏
I have had this book for sometime and decided to take it on holiday with me and I am glad I did. I loved this book and the characters and story. Beautifully written and glad this was my first with this author.
I started out this book trying to stay entertained. I had a hard time staying engaged with three different characters--ones I knew were connected yet hadn't ironed out how that early. It didn't take me long to both find a connection and to fall into love with each character and his/her story. This book reminds me of one of my favorite movies of all time: Love Actually (and not just Bc of the British slang!). The seemingly disconnected characters are all connected by different thin strands, and
You'd expect a book where a hospice takes centre stage, to be extremely depressing. It wasn't, but it WAS incredibly moving, yet also joyous and funny. Stella is a nurse at Marie Francis hospice. She is experiencing marital problems - her husband Vincent is a war veteran who was injured in Afghanistan, and he finds it difficult to come to terms with what happened to his friends and himself. Though she leads a troubled life, Stella takes it upon herself to write letters from patients to their


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.