Too Many Ghosts 
The first two chapters, though immersed in eyebrow-raising content, are narrated at a third or fourth person distance that doused appeal for me a little. Perspective shifted a few times to some of the personages described. It was impossible to settle into the story until its reigns went to Alexander. Particularly compelling and intelligent is his step-sister; a noblewoman with an award-winning photography career and expertise in just invented recording subterfuge. I enjoyed Paul Gallico’s compassionate portrayal of waterfowl in “The Snow Goose”, 1940 but this creation of such numerous, vastly-different, tangible personalities, can only be called a feat. The English castle and church ruins of ghostly legend, are as scrumptious as immediate, bold poltergeist events.
We’re puzzled by who might fabricate a trick and even wonder which lady loves the captain who hired Alexander. “Too many” derives from his observation that unrelated elements are afoot, which wouldn’t classically manifest together.
5/10This book ended up to be better than I had though it would be when I was about halfway through it. The style is quite dated (written in 1959), the characters and descriptions are maddeningly stereotyped, but the untangling of the mysteries was surprisingly satisfying.
Funny. Didn't really think I would like the book much, but I did.

Old-fashioned but entertaining enough.
I may do a proper review of this when I'm more coherent (curse you, NaNoWriMo), but for now suffice it to say I thoroughly enjoyed this adventure, despite how long it took me to get through it.
My grandmother gave me her copy of this jewel back in the '70's. I thoroughly enjoyed it then, and still do, now that I'm in my 60's. (I was born the year this was published.) While our Hero is working at debunking the ghost tales, there is one passage that chilled me to the bone when I read it the first ten times. That's all I ask of a good ghost story. It still makes my heart race when I re-read, this every so often.Yes, the writing style is dated when compared with the styles of today. I love
I really enjoyed this book. Love stories where they debunk ghosties.
Paul Gallico
Paperback | Pages: 286 pages Rating: 3.74 | 186 Users | 26 Reviews

Details About Books Too Many Ghosts
| Title | : | Too Many Ghosts |
| Author | : | Paul Gallico |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 286 pages |
| Published | : | June 28th 1988 by International Polygonics (first published 1959) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Mystery. Horror |
Interpretation During Books Too Many Ghosts
A paranormal investigator in 1959, 'Alexander Hero', expects to debunk a myriad of unexplained activity but dreams of a real discovery. Preferring a genuine pilgrimage into the paranormal, of which fiction is amply capable; you rarely find me delegating 5 stars in its absence. Take it as affirmation that this novel is exceedingly good. It’s astonishing but rewarding to think “Too Many Ghosts” has been in my possession at least 10 years, without an inkling it is a veritable “solve the phenomena” account. I didn’t know it derives from a 1959 serial printing, for its vividly-coloured cover struck me as modern. It also looks whimsical. I surmised the piece would be a satire, or joking comment on ghosts. It is a moody mystery adventure beyond my hopes. Best of all, it has nothing to do with murder or crime! Family legend furnishes its own mystery; the most original kind!The first two chapters, though immersed in eyebrow-raising content, are narrated at a third or fourth person distance that doused appeal for me a little. Perspective shifted a few times to some of the personages described. It was impossible to settle into the story until its reigns went to Alexander. Particularly compelling and intelligent is his step-sister; a noblewoman with an award-winning photography career and expertise in just invented recording subterfuge. I enjoyed Paul Gallico’s compassionate portrayal of waterfowl in “The Snow Goose”, 1940 but this creation of such numerous, vastly-different, tangible personalities, can only be called a feat. The English castle and church ruins of ghostly legend, are as scrumptious as immediate, bold poltergeist events.
We’re puzzled by who might fabricate a trick and even wonder which lady loves the captain who hired Alexander. “Too many” derives from his observation that unrelated elements are afoot, which wouldn’t classically manifest together.
Identify Books Supposing Too Many Ghosts
| Original Title: | Too Many Ghosts |
| ISBN: | 0930330803 (ISBN13: 9780930330804) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating About Books Too Many Ghosts
Ratings: 3.74 From 186 Users | 26 ReviewsCriticism About Books Too Many Ghosts
Paul William Gallico was born in New York City, on 26th July, 1897. His father was an Italian, and his mother came from Austria; they emigrated to New York in 1895.He went to school in the public schools of New York, and in 1916 went to Columbia University. He graduated in 1921 with a Bachelor of Science degree, having lost a year and a half due to World War I. He then worked for the National5/10This book ended up to be better than I had though it would be when I was about halfway through it. The style is quite dated (written in 1959), the characters and descriptions are maddeningly stereotyped, but the untangling of the mysteries was surprisingly satisfying.
Funny. Didn't really think I would like the book much, but I did.

Old-fashioned but entertaining enough.
I may do a proper review of this when I'm more coherent (curse you, NaNoWriMo), but for now suffice it to say I thoroughly enjoyed this adventure, despite how long it took me to get through it.
My grandmother gave me her copy of this jewel back in the '70's. I thoroughly enjoyed it then, and still do, now that I'm in my 60's. (I was born the year this was published.) While our Hero is working at debunking the ghost tales, there is one passage that chilled me to the bone when I read it the first ten times. That's all I ask of a good ghost story. It still makes my heart race when I re-read, this every so often.Yes, the writing style is dated when compared with the styles of today. I love
I really enjoyed this book. Love stories where they debunk ghosties.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.