Be Specific About Books To A Cottage by the Sea
| Original Title: | A Cottage by the Sea |
| ISBN: | 184744461X (ISBN13: 9781847444615) |
| Edition Language: | English |

Carole Matthews
Hardcover | Pages: 448 pages Rating: 4.1 | 3398 Users | 296 Reviews
Declare Out Of Books A Cottage by the Sea
| Title | : | A Cottage by the Sea |
| Author | : | Carole Matthews |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 448 pages |
| Published | : | January 3rd 2013 by Sphere |
| Categories | : | Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. Romance. Fiction. Contemporary |
Ilustration In Favor Of Books A Cottage by the Sea
Grace has been best friends with Ella and Flick since university. The late-night chats, shared heartaches and good times have created a bond that has stood the test of time. Now in their thirties, Grace is always a bit disappointed about how little time they get to spend together, so when Ella invites them all to stay for a week in her cottage in South Wales, Grace jumps at the chance to see her old friends. She also hopes that the change in pace will help her reconnect with her husband, Harry. Unfortunately for her, Harry isn't as enamoured with Cwtch Cottage as she is. Then Flick arrives; loveable, bubbly Flick, accompanied by the handsome and charming Noah, and suddenly the week ahead looks as though it may be even more confusing for all the residents of Cwtch Cottage.Rating Out Of Books A Cottage by the Sea
Ratings: 4.1 From 3398 Users | 296 ReviewsRate Out Of Books A Cottage by the Sea
Really enjoyed this combined romantic with adventure and friendship a lovely light readA cottage by the sea takes us to Pembrokeshire in Wales. Carole's style is easy to read and I found myself reading this in a day as I became engrossed in the lives of three friends. There are some lovely descriptions of the Welsh countryside and beaches yet it was the relationship between the friends that really sold the book to me. There are hints throughout as to what is really happening yet the ending was still a bit of a shocker even though the right people ended up together. A very
Have to say I was quite disappointed with this one. For a novel that takes place over a one week span, this was one long, boring tale. As for the characters, there was nothing special about any of them. I tried to like Grace but in the end I just couldn't. I mean seriously, she catches her best friend shagging her husband and she's okay with it? In fact, she feels guilty because she has deep, loving feelings for Noah (the best friend's boyfriend). Sure she's spent a lot of time with him; is

A relaxing, easy to read story that was rather quick to get through (even for me). Despite the fact that there were no surprises in the plot, it was a nice feel good escape from life and I would recommend it as a holiday read.
I do not usually read chick-lit or romance, but a few years back I came across The Chocolate Lovers Club and its sequel, The Chocolate Lovers Diet, and thoroughly enjoyed them. So when Carole Matthews publishing team asked for volunteers to read and review her latest novel, A Cottage by the Sea, I jumped at the chance.If I ever read another chick-lit novel, it will be one by Carole Matthews!I love her fresh, easy style of writing it seems to flow so effortlessly from one page to the next, so
I remember the days when I used to take half a suitcase of books on holiday - just in case I ran out - but these days it's so much easier to just load up your Kindle with some favourite authors and know you're ok for a fortnight. I read this book under such difficult circumstances - on holiday in Goa, 104 degrees and 85% humidity, struggling to pick it up between massages, manicures and cocktails - but it really was a quite perfect holiday read.Essentially this is the story of three couples -
A beautiful story about the most important things in life...A nice holiday in a cottage by the sea? Whats better than that? Well, Graces husband Harry isnt really keen on the idea, but he goes anyway. Yeah, Harry is Graces husband, but at the moment theyve been really distant.Graces best friend Ella invites them for week and thats the opportunity to see each other again and to catch up. Of course also Flick is invited, their other best friend.The three of them have been friends since university,


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.