Describe Books During Confessions of a Fallen Angel
| Original Title: | Confessions of a Fallen Angel |
| ISBN: | 034095244X (ISBN13: 9780340952443) |
| Literary Awards: | Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Award for Best Irish Newcomer of the Year (2009) |

Ronan O'Brien
Hardcover | Pages: 336 pages Rating: 3.76 | 399 Users | 42 Reviews
Identify Epithetical Books Confessions of a Fallen Angel
| Title | : | Confessions of a Fallen Angel |
| Author | : | Ronan O'Brien |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 336 pages |
| Published | : | February 1st 2008 by Sceptre |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Contemporary |
Narrative As Books Confessions of a Fallen Angel
“Experience has taught me that what you love, you should love all the harder because someday it will be gone.”Ronan O'Brien, Confessions of a Fallen Angel

Set in a fictional Dublin, the narrator, after a near-death experience gains the ability to foresee the deaths of those close to him. O'Brien takes this well-used premise and creates a nice piece of work that somehow mixes some genuinely near-perfect comedy moments and some terrible tragedies to surprise and delight the reader! 6 out of 12
Rating Epithetical Books Confessions of a Fallen Angel
Ratings: 3.76 From 399 Users | 42 ReviewsCriticism Epithetical Books Confessions of a Fallen Angel
Despite the awesome title and subject matter, I didn't like this book as much as I wanted to. Don't get me wrong, there are some genuinely funny bits (he refers to a patron at a local pub as an honorary member of Densa), devastating moments of heartbreak (sliding to the floor after finding the love note written in magnetic letters on the fridge by his wife before she dies), and a hefty dose of violence. But I lost my emotional attachment to the characters in the last 50 pages, and in the end itThis tale of a boy who has a near death experience and consequently has visions of the death of loved ones was absolutely excellent!The cringe worthy realisations that his attempts to meddle with fate and prevent those deaths are the causes of them had me shouting out for him to stop!! My heart broke as the narrator took you on his journey of grief and guilt after his wife's death, and luckily I was reading it at home at the time and not on the bus to work, as tears were streaming down my
This book was a quick and easy read. I enjoyed it, but once I'd worked out the formula, it was pretty easy to see where it was heading. However, it's hard not to feel for a character who knows that those he loves will be ripped away from him. And the little everyday details of his losses made it for me.At times it felt a little rushed. It was too quick to close a chapter and move onto the next one. There were places where I would have liked to linger longer. And some of the characters felt a

Experience has taught me that what you love, you should love all the harder because someday it will be gone.Ronan O'Brien, Confessions of a Fallen AngelSet in a fictional Dublin, the narrator, after a near-death experience gains the ability to foresee the deaths of those close to him. O'Brien takes this well-used premise and creates a nice piece of work that somehow mixes some genuinely near-perfect comedy moments and some terrible tragedies to surprise and delight the reader! 6 out of 12
This book made me think for a long time after finishing it. It had the same effect on me as The Lovely Bones... Left me feeling somewhat sad but also intrigued and while reading it totally captivated. A fantastic debut and I hope there will be a second novel from this talented author!
The cover threw me off a bit, thinking that it may be a bit juvenile for me. You know that old saying though, so I didn't. The characters streak of bad luck I could relate to as well as his depression. It's not all negative. The writers narrative is refreshing and had me drop all of the other things that I had reading at the time. I hope he's writing another novel as I am anxious to read it. Kept me guessing.
I really liked the idea behind this story. The main character foresees death of people he loves after his own near-death experience. I didn't like the writing though, it was very clunky and could have done with a better edit..


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.