Pages

Download Free Books The Draining Lake (Inspector Erlendur #6) Full Version

Download Free Books The Draining Lake (Inspector Erlendur #6) Full Version
The Draining Lake (Inspector Erlendur #6) Paperback | Pages: 320 pages
Rating: 3.89 | 11116 Users | 710 Reviews

Mention Of Books The Draining Lake (Inspector Erlendur #6)

Title:The Draining Lake (Inspector Erlendur #6)
Author:Arnaldur Indriưason
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 320 pages
Published:August 2nd 2007 by Harvill Secker (first published 2004)
Categories:Mystery. Crime. Fiction. European Literature. Scandinavian Literature. Thriller. Scandinavian Lite.... Nordic Noir

Relation To Books The Draining Lake (Inspector Erlendur #6)

Another murder mystery from the northlands – Iceland this time. A skeleton is revealed when a lake is naturally drained due to an earthquake. The skeleton had been weighted down by Russian radio equipment. Who can it be? Our three Icelandic detectives start investigating people who disappeared around the time of the Cold War. It turns out that several Communist-leaning Icelandic students went to study in East Germany at that time, one of whom disappeared. So quite a bit of the story takes us back to what it was like to be as student at Leipzig in the 1950’s.

description

Another possible victim is a salesman who went missing – his ex-fiancĆ© is still around and still kind of hoping he might still show up fifty years later.

We also follow snippets of the personal lives of the team of three detectives, two men and a woman. One is haunted by a brother lost in the snow as a boy and deals with a drug-addicted daughter.

The book, translated from the Icelandic is part of a series, of which I also read and liked, The Silence of the Grave. If you’ve read this far I’ll tell you that I actually rate this story as a 4 – it’s a pretty good detective read. But I’m giving it a 3 for the lack of inventiveness of the premise, which is identical to Silence of the Grave --- a skeleton is found from 50 year ago and the three detectives go back to find everyone missing at that time and come up with four missing people, etc. --- I mean, come on! That’s really pushing your formula too far.

photo from wallpaperswide.com/iceland


Define Books Supposing The Draining Lake (Inspector Erlendur #6)

Original Title: Kleifarvatn
ISBN: 1846550955 (ISBN13: 9781846550959)
Edition Language: English
Series: Inspector Erlendur #6, Inspector Erlendur [English Translation Order] #4
Characters: Sigurưur Ɠli, Erlendur Sveinsson, Elƭnborg
Setting: Reykjavik (ReykjavĆ­k)(Iceland) Iceland Leipzig(Germany)
Literary Awards: Barry Award for Best Novel (2009), Macavity Award Nominee for Best Mystery Novel (2009), Prix du Polar EuropƩen (2008)

Rating Of Books The Draining Lake (Inspector Erlendur #6)
Ratings: 3.89 From 11116 Users | 710 Reviews

Comment On Of Books The Draining Lake (Inspector Erlendur #6)
As the water recedes from the center of an Icelandic lake, a body is revealed ... and long-dead secrets from the era of European Communism begin to emerge as well. Erlendur (the failed family/incisive detective) and his colleagues, Sigurdur Oli (the young buck) and Elinborg (the lady detective with an interest in culinary matters) take on the case, which has its roots in the now defunct East Germany, over half a century ago ...The second book I read from this Icelandic detective series, The

Arnaldur Indriưason's mysteries form an armature for the lives of his characters, particularly for Erlendur Sveinsson the lead detective. An acrimonious divorce separated him from his family when his two children were very young. Eva Lind and Sindri, the children, are now adults, and their relationship with him is troubled, a tug of war between longing for connection and angry rejection. Eva Lind is a relapsed drug addict. Sindri is a recovering alcoholic who randomly drifts into Erlendur's

I don't why I picked this book. Sometimes I walk past the library shelves in Fiction and just pick one up. If I like the cover (I know - so scientific), I'll read it.So, begins why I had this book. It's written by an Icelandic writer, Arnaldur Indridason and it was translated into English. On my last horrid plane ride with one stop (3 hours that took 10 hours), I met a man from Iceland one a stopover in Phoenix - he and a friend were on their way to a dinner in Taos - he was Wiccan - He wore a

PROTAGONIST: Erlendur Sveinsson, Elinborg and Sigurdur OliSETTING: IcelandSERIES: #4RATING: 4.25WHY: A hydrologist makes an unnerving discovery at a local lake that has been draining rapidly. She finds an old skeleton with a hole in the skull. Erlendur Sveinsson, Elinborg and Sigurdur Oli are assigned to investigate and discover who died. Theres a long history going back to Communist East Germany in the 1950s, where young Icelandic socialists are provided Soviet scholarships to the University of

Three and a half stars, rounded up.The water level in lake Kleifarvatn drops suddenly. On the bottom, tied to Russian spy equipment, a body of an unkonwn man is found. The skeleton is old, and everything points at it is the result of a crime committed during the cold war.Erlendur and his collegues try to solve the mystery. In paralell, were told a completely different story about a young Icelandic student in East Germany during the 50s. The events from two different eras are merged into a story

I am smitten with this Icelandic mystery series. Detective Erlandur is the most empathetic, eccentric and unique protagonist that I've met in a suspense novel. With his family baggage, his ever deepening interests in obscure aspects of a case, and steadfast honesty, he creates the backbone for Arnaldur Indridason's novels.In this novel, the reader is first met with a skeleton discovered in a lake whose surface level has been shrinking over the years. It is determined that the skeleton is several

Inspector Erlender solves them all. Mostly. A lot of red herrings in this one but really enjoyable. The mystery was solid, and the jumps back to the past took a little time to keep all of the characters straight, but ended up making the mystery richer. We also get more glimpses into his partners' lives and I liked that, too.Erlender's personal life continues to take turns as well. Eva Lind can't seem to get her life together, no surprise there, but we understand her better. We finally get to

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.