Point Regarding Books Hogfather (Discworld #20)
| Title | : | Hogfather (Discworld #20) |
| Author | : | Terry Pratchett |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 432 pages |
| Published | : | October 2nd 2006 by Corgi (first published November 7th 1996) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Fiction. Humor |

Terry Pratchett
Paperback | Pages: 432 pages Rating: 4.23 | 73053 Users | 2320 Reviews
Description Toward Books Hogfather (Discworld #20)
Susan had never hung up a stocking . She'd never put a tooth under her pillow in the serious expectation that a dentally inclined fairy would turn up. It wasn't that her parents didn't believe in such things. They didn't need to believe in them. They know they existed. They just wished they didn't.There are those who believe and those who don't. Through the ages, superstition has had its uses. Nowhere more so than in the Discworld where it's helped to maintain the status quo. Anything that undermines superstition has to be viewed with some caution. There may be consequences, particularly on the last night of the year when the time is turning. When those consequences turn out to be the end of the world, you need to be prepared. You might even want more standing between you and oblivion than a mere slip of a girl - even if she has looked Death in the face on numerous occasions...
Define Books As Hogfather (Discworld #20)
| Original Title: | Hogfather |
| ISBN: | 0552154288 (ISBN13: 9780552154284) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Discworld #20, Discworld - Death #04 |
| Characters: | Nobby Nobbs, DEATH, Susan Sto Helit, The Librarian, Death of Rats, Hogfather |
| Setting: | Ankh-Morpork |
| Literary Awards: | British Fantasy Award Nominee for Best Novel (1997) |
Rating Regarding Books Hogfather (Discworld #20)
Ratings: 4.23 From 73053 Users | 2320 ReviewsCriticize Regarding Books Hogfather (Discworld #20)
This is a book about the nature of belief; the reminder that things we think of as essential, eternal, unbreakable are here because we willed them to be. It is the book about origins, of sorts.This book is a reminder that what we think of as sweet harmless stories come from darker, scary places. And that is for a reason. So many things stem from the simple fact - we, humans, need to believe; we need to create and fantasize to make the world make any sense, to have the world we think of asOne of my big reading goals for 2018 was to finally dive into Sir Terry Pratchetts well-loved and legendary Discworld series, and what better way to do that than to tackle the obligatory Discworld holiday novel, Hogfather? (screeching record sound) WAIT!! Hold on, here..YOU, Jandrok? Youve never read any of the Discworld novels? Really? Doesnt that damage your street cred as a self-appointed authority of science-fiction and fantasy? I mean these books have only been around FOREVER. Pratchett
Charity aint giving people what you wants to give, its giving people what they need to get. Theres a tip, though. Just ho, ho, ho will do. Dont say, Cower, brief mortals unless you want them to grow up to be moneylenders or some such. IT IS THE NIGHT OF HOGSWATCH (Terry Pratchett's answer to Christmas) when all children around DISCWORLD have hung up their stockings and waiting for the Hogfather (aka Father Christmas) to arrive on his sleigh drawn by 4 hogs and bring their presents.If they

Re-reading of "Hogfather", one of my all time favorite books, or so I thought. It's almost 20 years since I read it the first time and I estimate that I've read about 3000 books in the interlude. Nope, all of them are not on goodreads, my memory isn't that good and I've only been keeping track the past nine years. Despite the number of new books under my belt, this held up incredibly well.Susan, the non-biological grand daughter of Death, is employed as a nanny and trying to be normal. This is
I cannot express how much I love this book. The writing, the story, the characters all of it comes together to make a perfect book.
Terry Pratchett's Christmas Special5 January 2015 I started reading this book because I thought it was going to be a great book to read in the lead up to the festive season, however the only problem was that my timing was completely off I finished it five days into the new year, which sort of defeats the purpose of reading a book for the festive season. I guess the next time I decide to read such a book, such as Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, I should time it so that I finish the book,


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.