Identify Appertaining To Books The Greatest Thing In the World
| Title | : | The Greatest Thing In the World |
| Author | : | Henry Drummond |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 64 pages |
| Published | : | December 28th 2006 by Tarcher (first published 1874) |
| Categories | : | Christian. Nonfiction. Religion. Philosophy |
Henry Drummond
Hardcover | Pages: 64 pages Rating: 4.33 | 550 Users | 74 Reviews
Narration Supposing Books The Greatest Thing In the World
LOVEPatience - Love Passive
Kindness - Love Active
Humility - Love Hiding
Generosity - Love Competing
Courtesy - Love Polite
Unselfishness - Love Giving
Good Temper - Love Behaving
Guilelessness - Love Believing
Sincerity - Love Honest
The above is my concise, paraphrased version of this book.
These nine components of love are the background of this 61 page sermon written by a 19th century Scottish evangelical preacher. His review on 1 Corinthians 13, Paul's discussion on Love, is rich and incredibly different than any other thoughts I have ever heard on this chapter, or on any teaching from the bible for that matter.
I felt as if this one teaching encapsulated everything I ever needed to know about Jesus' teachings. I am deeply grateful to Henry Drummond for this powerful treasure of a book.
I own several copies to hand out on a moments notice to those who would like it and pass on as they see fit. It is the only Christian teaching which has ever deeply resonated for me.

Details Books In Pursuance Of The Greatest Thing In the World
| ISBN: | 1585425664 (ISBN13: 9781585425662) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Appertaining To Books The Greatest Thing In the World
Ratings: 4.33 From 550 Users | 74 ReviewsWeigh Up Appertaining To Books The Greatest Thing In the World
An excellent speech on the most exquisite and simple thing in life. Love is what we live for, is eternal and unending. It is the single most important thing to our will to live. Love is God and while that sounds simple our understanding of this gets far deeper with this book. Recommend.This book contain three sermons by Henry Drummond. The first two, "The Greatest Thing in the World" and "Pax Vobiscum" were excellent. In "The Greatest thing in the World," Rev. Drummond goes to 1 Corinthians 13 to show that love is the greatest thing and the ultimate thing in the Christian's life. If there is no love, there is no Christianity. He uses as an illustration the elder son in the Parable of the Prodigal Son and his unloving attitude. He also shows from Matthew 25:31-46, where the
Oh my goodness, I can't say enough good things about this book.. I will read it again and again and again. It was given to me by a dear friend and I cannot thank her enough for the most thoughtful gift. It is short, sweet, and to the point.

Wonderful. In the cynical and divisive times in which we live, I found this to be a compelling and powerful message that I needed to hear. In fact, this may be a book I re-read annually as a beautiful reminder of why and how we are to live as Christians. The version I have is a collection of sermons by Scottish evangelist Henry Drummond (1851-1897), of which The Greatest Thing in the World is the central message. My review and notes are principally on this message from which the book takes its
The Greatest Thing in the World is a timeless classic that adds value to everyday live. It focuses on profound love that we should all strive to achieve. It explains love based on First Corinthians 13 from the Bible. I think everyone should have this book as part of their collection. If we followed the teachings of Henry Drummond presented in this text, our world would be so much better... happier and filled with love.
The classic analysis of First Corinthians, chapter 13. Drummond has produced a treatise on love so wise, so full, so spiritual that it makes me want to elevate and broaden my concept of love and practice the unselfed, generous, broad, spiritual love full of grace that Drummond challenges us to express. Drummond is logical, profound, and high-minded. He shows how this passage from Paul demands much of us. I'd better get started!I want to buy a crateful and hand them out at a streetcorner--or at
Like George MacDonald, Henry Drummond was a 19th century Scotsman who wrote books with a Christian theme. I read MacDonald because he was admired by an author whom I admire, C.S. Lewis. I read this book by Drummond because it impressed another man I admire, John D. Clemens, my grandfather. A few years ago my grandfather felt compelled to record some of the influences that helped him curb his temper. He put his recollections into a letter that he sent out to his extended family. I read this


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.