Present Of Books Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)
| Title | : | Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1) |
| Author | : | C.J. Cherryh |
| Book Format | : | Mass Market Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | No. 300 (UJ1393) |
| Pages | : | Pages: 256 pages |
| Published | : | April 1978 by DAW Books Inc (first published 1978) |
| Categories | : | Science Fiction. Fiction. Fantasy. Space. Space Opera |
C.J. Cherryh
Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 256 pages Rating: 3.99 | 2092 Users | 71 Reviews
Chronicle Concering Books Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)
This is the story of three people: Sten Duncan, a soldier of humanity; Niun, last warrior of the mri, humanity's enemies; and Melein, priestess-queen of the final fallen mri stronghold. It is the story of two mighty species fighting for a galaxy, humanity driving out from Earth, and the enigmatic regul struggling to hold their stars with mri mercenaries. It is a story of diplomacy and warfare, of conspiracy and betrayal, and of three flesh-and-blood people who found themselves thrown together in a life-and-death alliance.This is the 1st DAW paperback printing.
Cover Artist: Gino D'Achille

Details Books Conducive To Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)
| Original Title: | The Faded Sun: Kesrith |
| ISBN: | 0879973935 (ISBN13: 9780879973933) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Faded Sun #1, Alliance-Union Universe |
| Literary Awards: | Hugo Award Nominee for Best Novel (1979), Nebula Award Nominee for Best Novel (1978), Locus Award Nominee for Best Novel (1979) |
Rating Of Books Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)
Ratings: 3.99 From 2092 Users | 71 ReviewsNotice Of Books Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)
C.J Cherryh has such a riveting style that I love so very much. This book is highly enjoyable and I am looking forward to the next.This is a story of three people: Sten Duncan, a soldier of humanity; Niun, last warrior of the mri, humanity's enemies; Melein, priestess-queen of the final fallen mri stronghold.This is the story of two mighty species fighting for a galaxy: humanity driving out from Earth, and the enigmatic regul struggling to hold their stars with mri mercenaries.This is a story of diplomacy and warfare, of conspiracy and betrayal, and of three flesh-and-blood people who found themselves thrown together in a

I really wanted to like this--I do love old school sci fi a la Ursula K Leguin, original Star Treks, etc., but I just couldn't do it. I'm all for invented languages and names, but both of those were so frequent in this book that it essentially wasn't written in English. And pains weren't taken to reveal the meanings of these invented linguistics, either. You're just expected to jump right into the world, feet first, instantly fluent in these alien tongues. I suppose it might ultimately be
Stuff I Read Faded Sun: Kesrith by C J Cherrhy ReviewHaving completed Kate Elliotts Kings Dragon not long ago, I have turned my attention now to science fiction in my attempts to read more female authored novels. And the biggest name I could think of (definitely the one I have been meaning to read the most) is C J Cherrhy. During high school a friend of mine told me to read the Faded Sun Trilogy, and I had fully intended to and then simply didnt. Shame on me, I guess, because the first book in
EVERYONE knows that SF BUFFanatics are all ARCH HIP, COOLaphonic and loaded with silky, smooth BREEZYness, right? RIGHT? Good...however, despite sharing the above stats, SFantasticos often vary greatly in the kind story they like to fill up on. From funny to campy to light-hearted to hearted to character-driven to world-builders to actiony to mega-actiony to detailed orientated to serious to socially conscious to thought-provoking to operatic to epic to life-changing, and all combos and
Storyline: 2/5Characters: 5/5Writing Style: 2/5World: 4/5Im learning now that a certain classic science fiction book (view spoiler)[Dune (hide spoiler)] spawned a line of derivatives, or perhaps even its own sub-genre. Kesrith is one such book. I personally loved the progenitor and have liked the few subsequent tributes Ive come across. Be forewarned, though, like the original, this is a fantasy experience that requires a lot of upfront work. These are the exotic, invented or otherwise irregular


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.