Specify Regarding Books Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1)
| Title | : | Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1) |
| Author | : | Frank Miller |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 50 pages |
| Published | : | by DC (first published 1986) |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Comics. Graphic Novels. Dc Comics. Batman. Fiction |

Frank Miller
Kindle Edition | Pages: 50 pages Rating: 4.22 | 33950 Users | 173 Reviews
Description During Books Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1)
This masterpiece of comics storytelling brings to life a dark world…and an even darker man. Frank Miller completely reinvents the legend of Batman in his saga of a near-future Gotham City gone to rot, ten years after the Dark Knight’s retirement.Mention Books In Favor Of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1)
| Original Title: | The Dark Knight Returns ASIN B00C2ICFSS |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1, Frank Miller's Batman #DKR 1 |
Rating Regarding Books Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1)
Ratings: 4.22 From 33950 Users | 173 ReviewsArticle Regarding Books Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1 (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1)
GIVE ME THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I've read this countless times in the trade paperback that but this is the first time I've read it as an individual comic book, and on digital. Wildstorm did a great job remastering this issue.What is there more to say? This is the first part of Frank Miller's seminal miniseries on Batman. He aged Bruce Wayne to the edge of crankiness, removing it as far from the smiling corporate pitchman he had become and returning him to his roots as a dark knight.I love reading it on digital, a new
A good read. Its deep-critical perspective of the society makes you have doubts about the actions of Batman and its direct and undirect consequences. You can understand why he was retired and come back.It has many references to other stories of Batman, as its name indicates Returns, so you should know a little bit about this character before reading it.

High stakes, dramatic storytelling that clearly separates itself from most superhero narratives without feeling wholly unfamiliar.This volume absolutely deserves the praise and reverence it has in the halls of graphic novels, but 30-40 years later, the craft has come a long day. I found much of the art hard to follow and the text was occasionally almost illegible. That's not to say either ruined the experience, but they were sometimes distracting when they could be adding to the story. I blame
I've never really gotten into graphic novels but thought I'd give it a shot. It was a great story, but the shock of a "dark" batman was nonexistent for me, since I grew up with Keaton and Conroy, who are about as dark as they get. The art is gritty and chunky, and it makes Batman and Superman feel really feel god-like. It's also nice to see all these old characters trying to achieve a kind of catharsis after years of the same grinding, never-ending cycles of violence. The novel also does a great
I just recently purchased the hardcover collectors edition of The Dark Knight Returns which collects each issue as a separate hardcover book all in a really nice box set. I think this was the comic that sort of started my Batman obsession. The first issue of the Dark Knight Returns is a personal story about an aging Bruce Wayne and him trying to move on from being Batman after retiring ten years earlier due to the death of Jason Todd. Frank Millers artwork is definitely dated, and could be
I actually read this pretty close to when it first came out, when I was working far too close to Forbidden Planet and someone recommended it to me.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.