Something Upstairs 
Listened to the audio book. It was ok.
I loved all of the kitchen Providence references and Rhode Island isms. As an adult this was a cringey reflection of life or at least Rhode Islanders.

The book Something Upstairs is about this boy named Kenny whose family moves into an old 1800's house that squeaks and creaks. Tedious, Kenny turns the attic into his very own bedroom with a wide open space and spacious windows. Kenny explores his new bedroom but then discovers a dried up stain on the wooden floor, but Kenny just ignored it. Then late at night, Kenny is awoken by a strange mist coming out of the stain. A shadow of a young African-american boy who claims he was shot in the early
In this book a boy named Kenny lives in california and his parents decide to move to rhode island. In providence, rhode island, they live in an older house that was built in the 1700s. Kennys room is the attic and in the attic there are a little rooms that he finds out were for slaves. In one of the rooms there is a stain on the floor which kenny finds out is human blood from over a hundred years ago. Every night the ghost of a slave boy named caleb comes and has kenny help find his murderer.
Okay, so I remember reading this book back in fourth or fifth grade. And I'm now twenty-eight years old teaching in a middle school. This book really stayed with me, and I remember reading it, because I just loved it. However, I'm really embarassed to say this, but up until I finished the book and then looked up Avi's page online... I thought this really did happen. You see, the way Avi writes the Author's Explanation in the beginning had me hooked as a kid and even today! I thought for SURE
Okay, so I remember reading this book back in fourth or fifth grade. And I'm now twenty-eight years old teaching in a middle school. This book really stayed with me, and I remember reading it, because I just loved it. However, I'm really embarassed to say this, but up until I finished the book and then looked up Avi's page online... I thought this really did happen. You see, the way Avi writes the Author's Explanation in the beginning had me hooked as a kid and even today! I thought for SURE
Avi
Paperback | Pages: 128 pages Rating: 3.83 | 2444 Users | 248 Reviews

Point Regarding Books Something Upstairs
| Title | : | Something Upstairs |
| Author | : | Avi |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 128 pages |
| Published | : | July 22nd 2005 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published September 1st 1988) |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Young Adult. Fantasy. Childrens. Middle Grade |
Narrative In Pursuance Of Books Something Upstairs
The mystery deepens
The room was shabby and dirty, heavy with heat. None of the things which Kenny called his own remained. Even the painted walls and skylight were gone.
Baffled, he wondered if other things even outside had changed. Kenny went to one of the windows and looked down. On a stoop across the dark street a man was standing, gazing straight at Kenny's window. He was wearing what appeared to be a long black cape which reached his knees, and a hat, triangular in shape. Its brim obscured his face.
As if suddenly realizing he was being observed, the man moved quickly into the shadows. Keeping his face averted, he fled up the street.
Details Books In Favor Of Something Upstairs
| Original Title: | Something Upstairs |
| ISBN: | 0380790866 (ISBN13: 9780380790869) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Setting: | Rhode Island(United States) Providence, Rhode Island(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Sunshine State Young Readers Award (1991), California Young Readers Medal for Middle School/Junior High (1993) |
Rating Regarding Books Something Upstairs
Ratings: 3.83 From 2444 Users | 248 ReviewsPiece Regarding Books Something Upstairs
I found this at the library and basically needed to check out two things to activate my account. I thought it would be a short interesting read, and it's been forever since I read anything by Avi. We'll see how this goes.So, Avi is an author mostly read in middle school. So what. This was a quick read (only 116 pages), and a good one. It left me actually wanting to know more, but the story was done. The way this story is told is as a recounting of a young boy's personal memory. Avi is theListened to the audio book. It was ok.
I loved all of the kitchen Providence references and Rhode Island isms. As an adult this was a cringey reflection of life or at least Rhode Islanders.

The book Something Upstairs is about this boy named Kenny whose family moves into an old 1800's house that squeaks and creaks. Tedious, Kenny turns the attic into his very own bedroom with a wide open space and spacious windows. Kenny explores his new bedroom but then discovers a dried up stain on the wooden floor, but Kenny just ignored it. Then late at night, Kenny is awoken by a strange mist coming out of the stain. A shadow of a young African-american boy who claims he was shot in the early
In this book a boy named Kenny lives in california and his parents decide to move to rhode island. In providence, rhode island, they live in an older house that was built in the 1700s. Kennys room is the attic and in the attic there are a little rooms that he finds out were for slaves. In one of the rooms there is a stain on the floor which kenny finds out is human blood from over a hundred years ago. Every night the ghost of a slave boy named caleb comes and has kenny help find his murderer.
Okay, so I remember reading this book back in fourth or fifth grade. And I'm now twenty-eight years old teaching in a middle school. This book really stayed with me, and I remember reading it, because I just loved it. However, I'm really embarassed to say this, but up until I finished the book and then looked up Avi's page online... I thought this really did happen. You see, the way Avi writes the Author's Explanation in the beginning had me hooked as a kid and even today! I thought for SURE
Okay, so I remember reading this book back in fourth or fifth grade. And I'm now twenty-eight years old teaching in a middle school. This book really stayed with me, and I remember reading it, because I just loved it. However, I'm really embarassed to say this, but up until I finished the book and then looked up Avi's page online... I thought this really did happen. You see, the way Avi writes the Author's Explanation in the beginning had me hooked as a kid and even today! I thought for SURE


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.