Present Books To The Four Corners of the Sky
| Original Title: | The Four Corners of the Sky |
| ISBN: | 1402249578 (ISBN13: 9781402249570) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Setting: | North Carolina(United States) |

Michael Malone
ebook | Pages: 481 pages Rating: 3.31 | 3317 Users | 621 Reviews
Point Regarding Books The Four Corners of the Sky
| Title | : | The Four Corners of the Sky |
| Author | : | Michael Malone |
| Book Format | : | ebook |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 481 pages |
| Published | : | April 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Landmark (first published May 1st 2009) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Contemporary |
Rendition As Books The Four Corners of the Sky
"There's humor and action aplenty, but Four Corners is also a warmhearted look at how we love and forgive. Five hundred and forty-four pages never seemed so short"-People, 4 stars, People PickThe Four Corners of the Sky is master storyteller Michael Malone's new novel of love, secrets, and the mysterious bonds of families. Malone brings characters to life as only he can, exploring the questions that defy easy answers: Is love a choice or a calling? Why do the ties of family bind so tightly? And is forgiveness a gift to others...or a gift we give ourselves?
In small towns between the North Carolina Piedmont and the coast the best scenery is often in the sky. On flat sweeps of red clay and scrub pine the days move monotonously, safely, but above, in the blink of an eye, dangerous clouds can boil out of all four corners of the sky...The flat slow land starts to shiver and anything can happen.
In such a storm, on Annie Peregrine's seventh birthday, her father gave her the airplane and minutes later drove out of her life. Thus begins an enchanting novel that bursts with energy from the first pages, and sweeps you off on a journey of unforgettable characters, hilarious encounters, and haunting secrets.
Praise for The Four Corners of the Sky
'There's humor and action aplenty, but Four Corners is also a warm-hearted look at how we love and forgive. Five hundred and forty-four pages never seemed so short."
People magazine 4-Star Review"Devoted Michael Malone fans have been waiting more than twenty years for another Handling Sin, perhaps the greatest road novel since Tom Jones. The wait is over..."
Bill Ott, editor-in-chief, Booklist
"Secrets and intrigues among the honeysuckle: a sun-washed yarn of the New South, affectionately told."
-Kirkus starred review
"The Four Corners of the Sky is the best thing I have read in years and you can imagine how much I read. Truly, I couldn't put it down. I loved it."
Kathy Ashton, The King's English Bookshop BONUS READING GROUP GUIDE INCLUDED
Rating Regarding Books The Four Corners of the Sky
Ratings: 3.31 From 3317 Users | 621 ReviewsRate Regarding Books The Four Corners of the Sky
This is a story about family, and what it means to be family, but it is also an adventure story about the long con. Annie, abandoned on her seventh birthday by her "always-on-the-run-from-the-law" father Jack, grows up with her Aunt Sam and "adopted" Uncle Clark as her "parents." Their love supports Annie and allows her to become a fast flying Navy commander. When Jack calls asking for Annie's help, she takes off on a wild goose chase that will help her re-connect with her dying father andI'd give this book a solid 2.5 stars. It was between okay and a "liked it". I loved this book to begin, I thought the characters were interesting, quirky and generally people that I would enjoy meeting. The author did some nice work with the setting as well, which I always enjoy. This book lost me the further in I got as the situation became more and more ridiculous and the characters became more cartoonish than real. Really, why did every telephone conversation have to be in the middle of the
I have never read a Michael Malone book before. This one was offered at a bargain price for the nook a couple of weeks ago from B&N, and it looked too good to pass up. Boy, did that ever turn out to be true! What a great story, and what delightfully human, nuanced characters Mr. Malone has introduced us to!The protagonist of the book is Anne Peregrine Goode. (Okay, so I like that her last name is also mine, but there is oh, so much more to like!) We meet Annie as a 7 year old on her birthday

I am determined to finish this book, but it's SO repetative! We get it, we know the characters, stop repeating their angst and issues and get to the point!
Reading a book should not feel like a chore. Getting through this particular book was a living hell. At 544 pages this took me forever to read because around page 150 I wanted to quit, but since I was that far ahead I decided quitting now would be stupid since I invested so much time into it anyway. I started out liking all the characters. By page 350 or so I only liked 2 out of the half a dozen or so introduced. DK Destin was my favorite throughout the book since he seemed to have the most
So. It's painfully obvious that this author used to write for daytime television. Why say something once when you can say it 20 times? I got your point the first 5 times you made it; quit beating me over the head with it already! The main character was supposed to be such an intelligent, strong, independent woman but she kept making incredibly stupid decisions. I didn't like her at all; therefore, I really didn't care about her, or any other character for that matter. Overall a very tedious,
I have never read a Michael Malone book before. This one was offered at a bargain price for the nook a couple of weeks ago from B&N, and it looked too good to pass up. Boy, did that ever turn out to be true! What a great story, and what delightfully human, nuanced characters Mr. Malone has introduced us to!The protagonist of the book is Anne Peregrine Goode. (Okay, so I like that her last name is also mine, but there is oh, so much more to like!) We meet Annie as a 7 year old on her birthday


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.